Westside Jewish Community Center’s (Westside JCC) mission is to build community based on Jewish values by creating opportunities for gathering and learning. Westside JCC reaches out to all Jews and the greater community by offering stimulating and innovative educational, social, cultural, recreational, and communal programs and activities fostering a strong connection to Israel. Westside JCC aspires to offer programming that provides meaning and purpose to Jewish values, and space that creates a sense of belonging for everyone it touches.
Westside JCC serves the Jewish and broader community in our neighborhood and Los Angeles. Our flagship programs are our outstanding Early Childhood Center, our year-round day camp program JCamp and our teen leadership and sports programs, Diller Teen Fellows and Maccabi. Other programs include our Aquatics Center with over 2,000 swim lessons weekly, adult fitness programming, Baby and Me programming, programs for individuals with special needs and youth sports leagues.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for all external communication efforts at Westside JCC. The position is full-time with a generous benefit package. They create the strategy, articulation, and delivery of the organization’s external communication to increase brand awareness, community outreach efforts and program enrollment. The effective candidate will be a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills who has a resounding desire to hone and expand their social media and digital marketing skills. They shall have the ability to multi-task and adhere to both internal and external deadlines.
The primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Westside JCC’s external Marketing Consultants continue to innovate on JCC’s style and concepts to deliver eye-catching campaigns and designs to diverse audiences
- Develop and manage content for social platforms as well as maintain social media calendar and engage with community of followers
- Create in-house marketing materials including flyers, posters, and digital media graphics
- Develop, manage, and execute SMS and email marketing efforts
- Lead and execute a website redesign as well as maintain and manage ongoing website content updates
- Document programming through photography and videography for marketing materials
As a key member of Westside JCC’s administrative team, the Marketing and Communications Manager will complete other administrative support tasks as defined by supervisor.
- Graphic design skills
- Social media savvy, success, and proficiency
- Self-motivated, results oriented and takes initiative
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Team player who thrives in collaboration with others
- Strategic partner who is capable of implementing a vision
- Familiarity with Jewish communal life, holidays, and traditions
- 2 to 3 years of paid experience managing social platforms for a nonprofit, school, or business
- Excellence in the use of computer design software
- Ability to strategically lay out information to communicate a message and tell a cohesive story through design
- Expertise in utilizing social platforms to leverage social media content for marketing, fundraising, and engagement purposes
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, email campaign platforms and experience using CRM platforms/donor databases
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, a true collaborator
Interested applicants please email your résumé with a cover letter describing your qualifications to [email protected]. Please use “Marketing and Communications Manager” as the subject line. No phone calls please; we will contact qualified candidates to set up interviews. Position will remain open until the staffing need is met and may close without advance notice.
Westside JCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunity and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
To learn more about Westside JCC, find us on the web at westsidejcc.org