About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA's strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit an experienced Fundraiser who will be based out of the JNF Northbrook office and will be responsible for fundraising duties in Chicago and throughout the Midwest.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle for donors in the Illinois (65%) and Midwest (35%) regions
- In partnership with the Executive Directors in both regions, develop and execute a strategy for closing community and general campaign gifts for existing donors and prospects. Manage a portfolio of 250 donors and prospects in total for both regions
- Prospect potential new donors using various direct methods (such as calling and face-to-face meetings), networking, mining the salesforce database, utilizing social media sites, and research.
- Face-to-face meetings, alone or with other fundraising professionals, for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of donors, both existing and prospective
- Board and/or Committee development, cultivation and membership
- Event planning, recruitment - including preparation and review of agendas, scripts and marketing collateral and follow up with attendees
- Recruit donors for JNF tours and missions to Israel
- Represent JNF at various events to bring new donors into the fold and identify partnership opportunities.
- Coordinate reports from Salesforce and written communications to boards, committees and donors
- In partnership with Executive Director, complete necessary administrative tasks to achieve campaign goals
- Travel as needed to meet with donors and support donor events
- Any other duties that your Supervisor may assign to you
- Passion for Israel
- 1-3 years fundraising experience (or similar sales experience)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Superior problem-solving and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce)
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel throughout the region
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Salary range will depend on experience level, but can fall within the range of $50,000-65,000.