Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. Ranked by BBJ as Massachusetts’ largest non-profit organization – CJP is a philanthropic investor and mobilizer of people, resources, and skills that make a bigger difference locally and globally. We focus on making Jewish life and learning accessible to all individuals and families in Boston and beyond. We thoughtfully invest in the care and well-being of all community members. And we provide stability and growth to nonprofit organizations and institutions that underpin our community. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners, and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking an Associate Director, Participation Campaign.
The Associate Director, Participation Campaign will develop the strategy for CJP’s broad-based fundraising program, our Participation Campaign (PARCAM), with a goal to ensure donor retention and increase new donor acquisition. In this role, you’ll manage a robust solicitation and stewardship program that includes: direct mail, telemarketing, digital, and print efforts, as well as all fundraising efforts for the New England Holocaust Memorial.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in converting and retaining donors using a variety of direct-to-consumer practices and applying industry best practices in direct marketing and CJP’s messaging platform, the Associate Director ensures the engagement and giving of thousands of donors annually.
- In coordination with Senior Director, Strategy Marketing, lead and manage CJP’s PARCAM Program that seeks to secure year-over-year increase in donors and dollars.
- Develop and apply strategies to secure renewed or reactivated giving from current or past donors through a variety of tactics including online giving, direct mail campaigns, email, text giving, etc.
- Develop innovative pilots and tactics to reach prospective donor audiences, based on best practices, expertise, and learnings.
- Working with our external partner, develop messaging and copy that engages our wide audience groups; editing content and securing internal review and approval of content
- Analyze and present results toward our fundraising goals. Responsible for quarterly report out of Program’s progress to annual goals to key internal stakeholders. Make continuous improvements to the Program based on results.
- Lead internal cross-functional working group to establish annual, and long-term Program goals and key performance indicators.
- Partner with Database Analyst to develop Program response analysis, segment reporting, campaign forecasting, etc.
- Collaborate with and manage the oversight of CJP’s external direct marketing partner/consultant.
- Collaborate with the Director of Recognition and Stewardship to co-create Program’s stewardship, engagement, and recognition tactics to ensure ongoing program engagement, renewal and growth
- Develop and track program budget, manage all costs, identify cost cutting methods, and make budgetary recommendations for all direct marketing efforts.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of B2C/direct response marketing experience. Digital fundraising marketing a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, market research, and analysis.
- Expert knowledge of mail house production, merge/purge, postal regulations, database/list segmentation.
- Excellent strategic/critical thinking, judgment, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong comfort level with databases and fundraising software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Databases.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, capacity to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to follow through on projects to their completion.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
- Understanding of Jewish community and/or Federation organizations preferred.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ShowJob=419863563
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.