ELEM/Youth in Distress in Israel is Israel’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to treating and transforming the lives of troubled youth. Our 78 programs in 43 cities provide counseling, mentoring, vocational training and a safe space for Israeli youth to envision a positive future and become productive members of Israeli society.
ELEM is seeking a dynamic, goal-oriented, part-time Development Officer. This is a hybrid remote position based in Florida.
For this critical role, ELEM seeks a strong, dynamic nonprofit fundraiser who is capable of clearly articulating the convincing case for ELEM and raising significant funds to further the organization’s mission in Israel. The fundraiser will be a persuasive communicator and an excellent team builder with volunteer leaders. S/he must be committed to the mission and goals of ELEM.
We seek the following in a Fundraiser:
- A successful track record in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major donors.
- Experience in planning and executing fundraising campaigns for various target groups.
- A proactive, energetic, creative professional.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The responsibilities of the Fundraiser are as follows:
- Research, identify and cultivate major and mid-level donors.
- Build and maintain sponsor relationships
- Conduct face-to-face solicitation.
- Research potential new fundraising opportunities to reach donors of various demographics/ages.
- Cultivate corporate sponsorship of events, as appropriate.
- Cultivate relationships and steward.
- Craft ongoing communications between ELEM and donors, including letters, phone calls and event-specific follow-up.
- Proficiency in donor software, like Donor Perfect, to ensure proper tracking and follow-up.
Job Type: Part-Time, Remote/Hybrid
- Fundraising – 6 years preferred
- Major gifts fundraising - 4 years preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred