About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The Development Executive/Senior Development Executive is responsible for the engagement, cultivation, and solicitation of donors and prospects through face-to-face solicitations, the organization of large- and small-scale fundraising events, volunteer projects, and providing support to lay leadership committees. Among other responsibilities, they will oversee a $2.5 million portfolio that includes the Restructuring Executive Committee, the Next Generation Restructuring Group, and campaigns at several large New York law firms. The Development Executive/Senior Development Executive will also assist the Lawyers Division in formulating a long-term strategy for engaging the broader legal community.
· Educate donors and prospects about the mission of UJA-Federation of New York in ways that inspire them to give. Accomplish this through one-on-one meetings, fundraising events, educational programs, mitzvah projects, agency visits, and missions.
· Develop and implement appropriate fundraising strategies to increase the dollars raised for the annual campaign. This includes thinking strategically about the legal and restructuring communities and working closely with the Wall Street Division to grow the donor base across trade groups.
· Oversee the Annual Restructuring Event, which brings together a group of more than 1,000 restructuring professionals and raises over $2 million annually.
· Develop programming for the Next Generation Restructuring Group that creates a pipeline of committed donors and leaders in the bankruptcy world.
· Provide professional support to the Bankruptcy Executive Committee and Next Generation Restructuring Committee. This includes agenda setting, preparing reports and presentations, writing meeting notes, and providing necessary follow-up.
· Maintain records of donor engagement and evaluate progress regularly with supervisor.
· Develop and update research on individuals and companies in the Lawyers Division portfolio, as well as philanthropic trends in the legal community. Includes identification of viable prospects through outreach and relationship-building activities, and reading newspapers, trade publications, journals, and other related materials to remain generally informed.
· Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree or J.D. preferred.
· Five or more years or more of post-college work experience.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong critical thinking and analytic abilities.
· Experience coordinating events.
· Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community and passion for UJA-Federation’s mission.
· Ability to initiate and follow through on self-defined goals and objectives while remaining part of a collaborative team.
The salary range for this role is $70,000 - $80,000; commensurate with experience and qualifications listed above.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.