The Davis Academy, a private reform Jewish day school, located in Atlanta seeks an educator with expertise in Language Arts. Salary is based on experience and degree.
- BS or BA degree in English or Language Arts Education.
- Three years of teaching experience (independent school experience preferred, but not required)
- Valid GA Professional Standards Commission approved certificate in appropriate educational field (High school certification preferred, but not required)
Provides content-related and appropriate instruction based on Davis Academy curriculum
Provides classroom environment which promotes active learning in subject area.
Prepares and administers tests to evaluate students’ progress, records results and issue reports to inform parents of progress.
Provides feedback and positive reinforcement to students.
Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
Meets with parents for formal conferences and informal conferences as needed.
Implements appropriate classroom management procedures.
Assumes responsibility for supervising students in out of class settings including emergency drills, assemblies, field trips, lunchtime, and recess.
Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
Perform any other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will posses...
- An ability to build relationships with students that foster a positive classroom environment where students feel safe to make mistakes and take academic risks
- An understanding of child/adolescent development and how social emotional factors impact learning
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities geared toward all students
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- A belief that all children can learn and be successful in the study of Language Arts
- Ability to communicate grammar and writing concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of current educational technologies and their application in the classroom.