Temple Beth Shalom in Needham is looking for a passionate, flexible, nurturing toddler teacher for our early childhood program. We seek an experienced professional with a collaborative spirit who can create a rich learning environment with children ages 1-3 years.
WHAT MAKES YOU GREAT FOR THIS ROLE
The following statements feel like they were written to describe you:
- Teaching young children brings you joy. You value and promote children’s play and are curious about the child’s perspective. You look forward to active days of creativity and learning.
- You understand child guidance in a developmental context and are alert to the learning process for each child. Your working knowledge of the growth and development of young children brings an ability to utilize this information in the classroom
- You ask for help, accept suggestions, and offer guidance to others.
- Communication with families is important to you and you seek to teach adults as well as children. You are committed to being a positive source of guidance for children and families.
- Flexible by nature, you listen to children, adapting the curriculum to their needs and interests.
- You are diligent about health and safety, offering emotional and physical comfort and caring to your young students.
- Learning is in your nature and you are a lifelong learner yourself, taking time for regular reflection and self-examination. You seek to expand your perspective and the perspectives of others.
We are taking COVID-19 prevention seriously with upgraded HVAC system, regular testing, time outdoors, and consistent classes taught by a teaching team. Covid vaccinations are required.
HOURS & COMPENSATION
Choose the schedule that works best for you.
- Mondays-Fridays year round: Teaching from 11:30am-6:30pm plus an hour of planning time daily: $45,000-50,000
- Mondays-Fridays year round. Teaching from 7:45am-4:30pm plus an hour of planning time daily: $46,000-$52,000
- Mondays-Fridays year round: Teaching from 7:45am-1:30pm plus an hour of planning time daily: $36,000-$40,000
- Mondays-Fridays year round. Teaching from 2-6:30 pm plus 2.5 hours of planning time weekly: $21,000-$23,000
- Mondays-Fridays year round: Teaching from 3:30-6:30pm plus 2.5 hours of planning time weekly: $14,000-$15,600