The GJEP Program Coordinator is a short-term, part-time position responsible for supporting the administration of the Gateways Jewish Education programs (GJEP) while the Director of Jewish Education Programs is on leave. Students in GJEP range in age from 5 to 18 and have a variety of special educational needs. The GJEP Program Coordinator will support the day-to-day operations of the various GJEP programs and support the GJEP program team as needed. The position reports to the Teen Volunteer Coordinator. Hours are flexible, and work may be done remotely, or at office space available at the Jewish Community Center (JCC) in Newton, MA. Expected schedule of 10-15 hours per week, spread across multiple days. If interested and appropriate, this position could include on-site support for the Gateways Sunday Programs (see note below). This temporary position is expected to begin in March 2023 and last for approximately six months, with the possibility of extending.
- Assist in the ongoing administration of the Gateways Jewish Education Programs
- Review student registration forms
- Proofread information entered into organizational database for accuracy in classes, student profiles, student contracts, volunteer profiles, and family profiles
- Help keep files organized on shared drive (SharePoint)
- Assist with scheduling mid-week tutoring sessions and summer tutoring, including coordination of student and tutor availability, setting up zoom links, and reserving space at the JCC if needed
- Monitor expenditures against program budget.
- Verify hourly staff timesheets
- Recruitment and Marketing
- Act as initial point of contact for incoming inquiries from families, synagogues, etc. and connect them to the appropriate program staff person for follow-up
- Keep track of incoming inquiries, update prospective family lists, and direct families to GJEP program staff for follow up conversations
- Provide administrative support for marketing and recruitment activities
- Coordinate program communications, including biweekly program newsletter, collecting content from GJEP program staff and inputting the content into Constant Contact template with support from communications associate.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Program Director or Teen Volunteer Coordinator
Note: For local candidates with appropriate experience in special education, there may be the opportunity to provide on-site support in the Sunday Hebrew school program as well. Please indicate in your application materials if you would be interested in this additional area of work.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Highly organized with administrative experience
- Experience working with students with disabilities preferred
- Knowledge of Jewish holidays, customs, and traditions preferred but not required
- Hourly rate of $18-20/hr depending on experience. This temporary position is not eligible for benefits.
- Gateways is based in Newton, MA, with year-round staff working mainly remotely and office space available as needed for in-person work.
How to Apply:
- Cover letters and resumes will be accepted only through our online system at http://tinyurl.com/gatewaysjobs. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.
- Gateways believes in the essentiality of a diverse workforce. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from low income or working-class backgrounds. We encourage you to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws. We know that the candidate who fits best may not meet 100% of the qualifications.
Gateways will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. The interview process for this position will be conducted via Zoom. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
About the Organization:
Gateways provides high quality special education services, expertise, and support to enable students with diverse learning needs to succeed in Jewish educational settings and participate meaningfully in Jewish life. For more information visit our web site at www.jgateways.org.