POSITION: Assistant Director of Strategic Development
Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Development assist in the development of and implementation of fundraising strategies, programs and initiatives intended to develop financial support for the Goodman JFS Broward. Recruits and solicits donors; creates and maintains program-specific tracking systems for fundraising, reports, records, and files; coordinates high-level donor solicitations. Cultivates and stewards relationships with the Broward community, community leaders, and potential private and public donors.
- Maintain donor relationships, reengage lapsed donors, and engage new donors
- Steward prospective and current corporate donors with the development team
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Manage event logistics as needed
- Demonstrate a proficient ability to conduct donor research, prospect and drive ongoing development efforts
- Oversee development systems and track progress against goals in Donor Perfect
- Produce reports and data to drive streamlined communication internally and with the board
- Identify key public and private prospects, develop strategies in conjunction with the Director of Strategic Development and team
- Drive social media platform
- Plan and execute fundraising events throughout the year
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign
- Attend a variety of meetings and events as assigned
- Demonstrate a strong detail orientation, accuracy, and ability to develop compelling reports and communications to be used internally and externally. Execute all work in a highly organized, analytical, and data driven manner.
New Revenue Generation:
- Demonstrate excitement to steward and leverage relationships that result in meeting or exceeding target fundraising goals.
- Positively collaborate with, and work with an internal team to meet and exceed aggressive fundraising goals through effective development operations. Consistently grow and create stretch assignments.
- Collaborate with the development team to deliver on a high volume of operational needs for the development department including grant writing, donor cultivation tracking, event planning, prospect research, and data entry.
- Effectively write high-quality donor communications that demonstrate deep knowledge of our programs and promote our mission.
- Demonstrate a high degree of comfort and poise with donors, corporations, and prospects.
- Demonstrate experience in external relations and development. Regularly deliver convincing messaging and tailored experiences. Demonstrate a genuine joy in connecting with donors and all external stakeholders.
- Establish highly collaborative relationships with all team members. Demonstrate a hunger to learn, grow, support, and add great value. Regularly seek to understand all aspects of our model to convey externally.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- You have 3+ years of increasing responsibility in development or related role
- Are an exceptional and persuasive communicator
- Are achievement-oriented and have a demonstrated track record of achieving aggressive fundraising goals
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Can prove eligibility to work in the U.S. legally
- Deep belief in our mission
- Root your work in our core values
What we offer:
Goodman JFS Broward offers the full package – great benefits, a great place to work and the opportunity to have a glowing and growing career.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel up to 15%.
Required to work evenings or weekends