Reports to: Executive Director
Job type: Full Time; Flexible in-person and remote
Salary: Commensurate with 5-10 years of communication and marketing experience
Chicago Sinai Congregation seeks an experienced Communications Coordinator who has a deep understanding of the role communications and marketing play in advancing an organization’s mission. The ideal candidate will be able to apply market analysis, deep knowledge of the media landscape, and an understanding of how to craft messages and leverage content that resonates with target audiences. In addition, the candidate will understand how to collaborate with a team of leaders to leverage their knowledge and use their skills to develop appropriate messaging.
This professional reports to the Executive Director. The position advances Sinai by leading the development and execution of a strategic communications plan that aligns with and supports Sinai’s mission.
About Chicago Sinai
Chicago Sinai Congregation is proudly committed to being a true House of Prayer for All People.
Sinai is both Chicago’s oldest and newest Reform Jewish temple. Oldest because, being founded in 1861, Sinai was the first Reform temple in Chicago, and one of the first in the nation. Newest, because from the beginning, Sinai has been on the leading edge of evolution in Judaism. Today, ours is a Judaism that defines Jewishness not by heritage, not by the passage of a test, nor by completion of a course of study. Our congregation reflects the rich tapestry of humanity: people of all ages, people of all races, people of diverse religious backgrounds, individuals possessing a wide range of physical ability, and people with a wide range of gender identities. We are constantly striving to learn how we, as a community, can provide the most meaningful welcome to everyone for whom Sinai’s values resonate.
- Oversee the development and execution of a comprehensive communications plan that builds and supports Sinai’s engagement strategy, membership recruitment and retention and growth objectives.
- Create a close collaboration with Sinai staff and lay leaders.
- Oversee the development of all internal and external messaging, including talking points, publications, and fundraising content as appropriate.
- Devise and implement strategies to drive traffic to the website and other digital platforms. Create actionable digital content for all distribution channels.
- Mentor Sinai staff in communication copy writing and messaging to help build skills throughout the team that can be supportive and aligned.
- Utilize data to inform engagement and marketing strategies.
- Review, update and implement Sinai’s social media policy.
- Be present and support key engagement functions throughout the year as determined by Sinai staff.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Enthusiasm for the vision and mission of Sinai and the role of synagogues in Jewish life.
- Demonstrated in-depth experience with leading strategic communications to advance and achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels. Ability to translate strategy into plans of action.
- Attention to detail with very high-quality standards and principles.
- Strong social media experience with the ability to create digital media campaigns that produce engagement and positive impact.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills to express messages concisely.
- Experience working on websites or other media platforms to ensure quality, user friendly, dynamic content.
- Experience with data analytics and analysis.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, volunteers, other organizations, and industry contacts.