Schechter Bergen seeks an Advancement Assistant to join the school’s dynamic five-person Advancement team. Reporting directly to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Assistant will provide support for the team through the accurate and timely processing and recognition of gifts, administration of databases, coordination of scheduling and meeting preparation, and assistance with event planning and logistics.
Gift Processing & Reporting
- Maintain and execute the consistent and efficient processes for gift entry and acknowledgements
- Record all gifts, pledges, and pledge payments in Raiser’s Edge
- Maintain excellent hard-copy and electronic records for gifts, pledge documentation, acknowledgement letters, and other development materials
Database Administration (Development and Admissions Databases)
- Ensure all constituent records are accurate and up to date through regular maintenance of databases
- Assist the Advancement Manager in collecting and tracking all alumni news and updates
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with Admissions to ensure consistent data management
Administrative & Event Support
- Coordinate and manage all development mailings
- Attend school events as necessary
- Assist the Advancement team in all aspects of planning a portfolio of events
- Work on special projects, initiatives, promotions and other programs as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization, independent school, or educational setting
- Excellent technology skills, including proficiency in Google Workspace, Microsoft Word/Excel; Raiser’s Edge experience is a plus
- Commitment to confidentiality and professional ethics
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks with an attention to detail under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to drive and work on occasional nights and weekends
About Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County:
Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County is a warm, inclusive Jewish Day School that educates children from Early Childhood through Eighth Grade with a vigorous dual curriculum in General and Judaic studies. We inspire our students to be engaged, independent learners who embrace Jewish values and practices and strive with confidence and compassion to better the world.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject “Advancement Assistant”.