Inspire the Jewish future at Midwest NCSY! As Director of Community Engagement, you’ll be charged with building Midwest NCSY’s presence across Chicagoland, and creating lasting relationships with community members to help raise critical funds to support NCSY’s mission of helping local Jewish teens of all backgrounds find meaning and relevancy in Judaism for everyday life.
The Director of Community Engagement will play a key role in several local and regional fundraising initiatives, with a focus on 1-on-1 donor solicitations and stewardship in the Chicago Jewish community. Ideal candidate should have previous fundraising experience either professionally or as a volunteer, a strong desire to grow as a professional, and a commitment to the Jewish community and Jewish future.
- Work alongside the Chief Development Officer on all aspects of the annual campaign
- Take a lead role in donor events, including annual dinner and Day of Giving
- Steward existing donors on an ongoing basis
- Identify, research and solicit new prospects
- Engage donors by connecting them to NCSY’s programs and mission in meaningful ways
- Work with CDO and Office Manager to assure timely gift acknowledgement and database management
- Manage organizational marketing and promote awareness of NCSY and its programs in the community, including a social media presence and events throughout the region to engage existing and potential donors
- Ability to develop meaningful relationships and community connections across diverse constituencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for organization’s mission.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
About Midwest NCSY
Midwest NCSY is dedicated to inspiring and empowering Jewish teens of all backgrounds to live more passionate Jewish lives. We offer cutting-edge social and educational programs, helping make Judaism relevant and meaningful for everyday life.
Midwest NCSY’s programming – and impact – begins on the chapter level. Midwest NCSY has 8 chapters across the region, as well 4G, a girls-only program in Chicago, and the Jewish Family Experience, a Hebrew School for unaffiliated families along Chicago’s North Shore.
We have earned an outstanding reputation among NCSY’s regions as a trailblazer in unique and innovative programming that appeals to today’s Jewish teen.
Midwest NCSY is a region of NCSY, the international youth group of the Orthodox Union.
Special Note: This position is located in Chicago, IL.