As the Retreats & Celebrations Director you will hold responsibility for the marketing, sales, production, and execution of all overnight retreats, celebrations rentals, and day-use site rentals. You will lead retreat development, marketing, guest services, and be responsible for setting and achieving the annual growth targets. This includes managing retreats and site use by outside individuals and organizations, as well as collaborating with members of the Urban Adamah staff team to produce rich in-house programming. You will own Urban Adamah’s retreats and site rentals’ business, and carry out the vision, values, and culture of the organization in all related programming. This work includes creating joyful experiences for guests through thoughtful coordination and advanced preparation, upkeep of the guest environments in collaboration with the Facilities Director and housekeeping staff, and graceful execution of onsite experiences.Marketing & Business Development
In this role, you will:
Guest Services & Operations
- Create, manage, and execute on a marketing plan, in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Manager, to promote Urban Adamah as a retreat, celebration, and meeting venue.
- Develop a business plan to set and achieve growth targets for retreat and site rental related earned revenue, through ensuring outstanding guest experiences, including communications, accommodations, dining, and program experiences
- Ensure Urban Adamah is well known on key rental and event venue platforms
- Establish a referral program to ensure word of mouth promotion and generate original ideas for promoting the full utilization of the Celebration and Retreat site.
As Director you will establish and ensure excellent customer service standards across intake, sales, production, and execution of retreats.
- Manage guest communications, including email, calls, texts, and onsite visits in a timely way, providing excellent customer service, as reflected in guest feedback.
- Guarantee seamless guest experiences, including preparing lodging needs, managing on-site guest experience, and trouble-shooting issues as they arise.
- Work with the Kitchen Manager to provide uncompromising high quality dining experiences, as reflected in guest comments and evaluations.
- Be responsible for a housekeeping team and site hosts to provide high standards and outstanding performance
You will maintain an impeccably organized approach to administrative work at all times.
- Set pricing, policies, and practices that meet the needs of Urban Adamah and the community we serve
- Coordinate all onsite activities and staffing needs, and ensure proper maintenance of the Retreat Lodge, Community Hall, and other celebration and retreat spaces
- Assess existing systems used to manage sales tracking, scheduling, contracting, digital and physical record keeping, budgeting, etc., and develop new systems as needed
- Partner with the Facilities Director, Marketing & Communications Manager, Executive Director, housekeeping team, and other staff and vendors as needed
- Manage contracting with and work of all vendors, including custodial and linen services, in-house food services and kitchen manager, outside catering services as needed, etc.