Young Judaea Sprout Brooklyn Day Camp, located in Red Hook, is a Hebrew dual-language camp for children entering Pre-K through 5th grade. Sprout Brooklyn is a place where children from a wide spectrum of backgrounds join together to create a joyful, diverse community built on Jewish values, a connection to Israel and the Hebrew language. No previous Hebrew experience is necessary to be part of the Sprout Brooklyn community.
The Operations Director is a member of the summer Senior Leadership team and manages the crucial behind-the-scenes aspects of our summer camp program including all elements of daily transportation. We are looking for a responsible, organized, and mature individual for our Operations Director role. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work collaboratively with a passionate and fun-loving team.
Sprout Brooklyn values staff that are positive and flexible team players who are excited to spend the summer with young campers and staff. The ideal candidate is excited about camp life and feels comfortable wearing multiple hats and will never say that a task “isn’t their job”.
Staff Training is TBD in mid- June. Camp runs from June 28 – August 18. Summer hours are Monday to Friday, approx. 7:00am – 5pm. There are approximately 50 flexible hours of pre-camp work beginning in the Spring.
- Manage & Oversee Daily Transportation:
- Create & schedule bus routes,
- Field trip transportation
- Liaison to the bus company
- Share updated routes prior to each session
- Provide driver & route feedback as needed
- Supervision & Training of Bus Counselors
- Assign staff to bus routes
- Provide daily route & attendance updates
- Coordinate and track bus counselor attendance
- Parent communication
- Provide regular updates to each bus route about timing
- Assist parents with travel change or route feedback
- Camp Administration:
- Assist with the organizing of all camper & staff forms and relevant camp paperwork
- Support the camp office as needed with lost & found, special events, supplies and etc.
- Senior Leadership Team:
- Serve as part of the camp Leadership Team and be a regular resource and support to all of camp
- Help plan and implement Staff Orientation
- Part of crisis management team in case of emergency
- BA or BS required
- Administrative experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Tech savvy. Comfort in learning Camp’s CRM System. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Apps
- Calm under pressure, Flexible, Adaptable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BONUS: Knowledge of Brooklyn Geography, Experience with Transportation & Routing