Senior Manager, Digital Education
RootOne at The Jewish Education Project
New York, NY
Your Opportunity for Impact
RootOne is an innovative, rapidly growing initiative entering its third year that maximizes the number of North American teens participating in immersive Israel travel experiences and maximizes the impact that those experiences have on the teens themselves. RootOne does so by reducing the cost of participation for teens and by elevating and diversifying Israel experiences to make them more accessible and more impactful to a wider audience of Jewish teens.
We know that intentionally designed and well-facilitated immersive experiences in Israel have the capacity to strengthen both Jewish identity and connectedness to Israel among participating Jewish teens. Immersive Israel experiences provide a framework that allows Jewish teens to explore many of the issues that matter most to them as adolescents and as young Jews. Research shows that outside of Jewish day school (which only a small percentage of Jewish teens in North America attend), there is no greater impact on a young person’s Jewish identity formation than an Israel trip with their peers.
At a time when Jewish voices on campus need to be heard more than ever, teen Israel experiences are proven to increase the connections of young Jews to their fellow Jews and to greatly enhance their connection to Israel. At scale, this experience can radically transform the trajectory of North American Jewry. Learn more at www.rootone.org and www.jewishedproject.org.
RootOne seeks a full-time Senior Manager, Digital Education, who will act as a key team member responsible for the successful execution and ongoing development of RootOne’s online educational initiatives for teens, and for professional staff development and training.
Reporting to the Education Team Lead, the ideal candidate has experience in the diverse systems that support digital learning, in and beyond the field of Jewish and Israel education, such as CMS and LMS platforms. This position will focus on digital education content creation and curation across multiple online platforms and devices, for teen education and staff development. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong understanding of the landscape of informal Jewish and/or Israel education and have the ability to manage complex digital education projects with multiple stakeholders. A passion and enthusiasm for Jewish/Israel educational content and an ability to maintain focus and motivation throughout the completion of repetitive tasks are also needed to succeed in this position. Candidates with diverse racial, cultural, and educational backgrounds and experiences are urged to apply.
- Lead the digital education content development effort for RootOne’s Teen Portal and other online learning platforms.
- Establish a clear and effective strategy and implementation plan for leveraging RootOne’s educational platforms to create high levels of engagement and learning among our target populations.
- Organize, edit, format, and launch high impact, engaging and interactive educational course content.
- Research and curate educational assets such as stories, articles, webpages, images, and videos, as well as evaluate emerging trends and technologies in educational products and digital content creation.
- Keep digital assets current, accessible, and updated as new versions are released.
- Produce top notch design, formatting, and inclusive accessibility across all RootOne content and platforms.
- Support RootOne’s Trip Providers and internal staff in educational technology training and in using RootOne's education platform technology.
- Manage communication with content providers, content creation needs, and timely arrival of deliverables; deliver formal work and oversee invoicing along with RootOne’s finance team.
- Project manage ongoing site design modifications and enhancements.
- Assist in the implementation of e-courses using proven methodologies including the comprehensive integration of digital technologies (VR, video lectures, games, interactive assessments, instructional videos, e-learning, etc.).
- In conjunction with the education team, ensure seamless integration of engagement opportunities pre-trip, during the trip, and post-trip.
Who You Are
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in managing digital education platforms and supporting users of the platform.
- Knowledge of systems that support digital learning, such as CMS and LMS platforms.
- Ability to quickly grasp new technologies.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time, prioritize tasks, identify, and mitigate risks, and meet tight deadlines while still maintaining high-quality work.
- Familiarity with Jewish education and an understanding of Israel, its history, culture, and current political situation to ensure high-quality appraisal and selection of assets.
- Ability to think beyond the traditional educational landscape to use digital technology to influence Jewish and Israel education, in creative and inquisitive ways.
- Ability to make decisions and sound judgments on content with limited information available.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a multidisciplinary team with a strong execution and service orientation and proven project management skills.
- Clear and effective communicator with strong writing and editing skills.
- Additional certification in technology or learning systems a plus.
What We Offer
- Salary in the range of $90,000 - $110,000 depending upon experience.
- Three weeks paid time off in year 1; increasing incrementally on a set schedule.
- Paid family leave.
- Comprehensive health insurance.
- 401k plan.
- Commuter benefits.
- Early close on Fridays for Shabbat and closed for most Jewish holidays.
- Shortened summer hours.
- A positive work environment with exposure to great learning opportunities and the chance to work with some of the top professionals in the field of Jewish education
How to Apply
- Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the email subject line.
- The Jewish Education Project is an equal opportunity employer.
Where You Will Work
Hybrid work environment with Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 520 Eighth Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10018 – Mondays and Fridays work from home.
The Jewish Education Project aims to select, place and train the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class. We encourage and support diversity and tolerance in our workplace.