Who We Are
The Anshe Emet Synagogue is part of a dynamic conservative Jewish community in the heart of Lakeview. We are committed to our four vision pillars: Knowledge, Flexibility, Diversity and Community. We have a host of talented and dedicated clergy, staff, teachers and madrichim who help nourish and grow our community, as well as the minds and Jewish souls of our children. We are looking for talented individuals to add their experience and creativity to our vibrant and caring team.
Anshe Emet’s Education department is seeking an Education team Assistant and Religious School Coordinator to support the team of the Religious School Principal, the Director of Family Life and Learning, and the Director of Adolescent Education. Behind the scenes, this person will provide top level administrative and data support to the education team. This person will also provide front line customer service and engagement with families. They will assist with logistics of the religious school, family, youth programs, and High Holy Days youth programming. The candidate must be available to work Sunday mornings during religious school, Thursday evenings during religious school as well as some holidays and Shabbatot.
Who you are
- You hold a Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with children, teens and adults.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written, includes mail merge, proofreading, etc.)
- Excellent planning, organizational, project and time management skills with a superior attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database system protocols and procedures.
- Ability to be proactive, work both independently and collaboratively in a team, take initiative and exercise good judgment
- Creatively problem solve and troubleshoot as needed
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities
- Able to exercise discretion in handling sensitive or private information
- Able to shift and pivot as the program ebbs and flows over time and space. Motivated by change and willingness to adapt as we innovate, shift and move together.
- Must have a team spirit and positive attitude.
- Willingness to work a flex schedule including some evenings, weekends and Jewish holidays and Thursday evenings and Sundays during Religious School
- Hold basic knowledge and understanding of Jewish customs and practices
What You’ll Receive
- Opportunity for growth and advancement for someone who can contribute with strength on our team
- Great professional development, mentoring and skill building opportunities
- Compensation for this position is $40,000-$45,000 and is commensurate with experience.
- Benefits plan that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off for Jewish and federal holidays, vacation days, and some flexible work from home hours. Kosher lunch provided during the school year.
Hiring Process and Timeline
- Our intention is to have someone begin in a full time capacity by January 4, 2022.
- Anshe Emet Synagogue is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied identities and backgrounds.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Samantha Isenstein: [email protected]