Hillel Ontario is looking for a Coordinator to oversee and grow the Jewski program. Our ideal candidate is an experienced, approachable, creative, and dynamic individual who will lead Hillel’s Jewski initiative to engage Russian speaking students across our nine campuses. This person will have the chance to put their mark on initiatives across the organization, from innovation to implementation to evaluation. This role will be a full-time contract position through May 15, 2022 with the potential to renew for the next academic year.
About Hillel Ontario
At Hillel Ontario we have a brief and critical four-year window of opportunity to form a connection with Jewish students and achieve our vision of inspiring every Jewish student in Ontario to make an enduring connection to Jewish life, learning, and Israel. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel enriches the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people, and the world.
Student Leadership Development
- Model positive leadership.
- Advise, support and recruit student interns, their initiatives, and their engagees.
- Identify leadership development opportunities for empowering students.
- Provide necessary resources for interns to succeed.
- Identify and impact future leaders and help engage them in the pursuit of opportunities.
- Support the development, implementation, and evaluation of student-initiated programming (including organizing and facilitating regular meetings, encouraging creativity and innovation, attending programming, evaluating programming for learning and future reference).
- Support the planning and execution of innovative, fun, and relevant programming.
- Engaging Russian-speaking Jewish students to join Hillel or Jewski on their campuses.
- Develop one-on-one relationships with Russian-speaking Jewish students
- Work closely with and support campus-based staff to best help them utilize and integrate Jewski programming on their campus.
- Work with student interns on refining their engagement best practices through tabling, coffee dates, networking, and welcoming at programs.
- Partner with other Russian-speaking Jewish initiatives on co-sponsored programs.
- Building relationships with professionals and student leadership of campus groups.
- Creating an engagement strategy for Jewski that is unique to each campus and a centralized Hillel Ontario vision.
- Liaise with the marketing and communications team in coordinating the creation of all materials (print and web).
- CRM data entry, analysis, and strategizing.
- Manage programming budgets.
- Logistics support for programs.
- Support and provide campus-based staff with resources needed to best support their Jewski programs and their Russian Jewish community.
- Actively finding and securing future funding from within the Jewish Russian community.
- Support Hillel Ontario initiatives, including regional program campaigns, initiatives, fundraising efforts, etc.
What You Will Do Well
- Use strong interpersonal skills to build and nurture relationships
- Multi-task and troubleshoot effectively.
- Leverage social networks to engage a community
- Bring your energy, versatility, flexibility, and maturity to help grow an organization
- Build effective and meaningful relationships with staff, university students, and community members.
- Enjoy community organizing, campaigning, and programming.
- Maintain clear thinking and calm during times of crisis.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years’ professional work experience in a related field
- Understanding of the Russian-speaking Jewish community throughout Ontario.
- You’ll have a team-oriented approach, a strong work ethic, proven experience thinking and acting strategically to reach goals, a sense of humor, and the ability to take risks and learn from situations when things don’t turn out the way you thought they would.
- Exceptional organization, leadership, and communication skills
- Knowledge of the Russian language is required.
- Experience in event organization or management or related work experience is an added advantage.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.