Administrative Assistant and Educator
Temple Beth Am Religious School
Temple Beth Am is searching for a full-time, passionate, and talented Administrative Assistant and informal Jewish educator to join our team. This position entails both administrative and educational responsibilities and interfaces with families with children in Pre-K through 12th grade, including, but not limited to: Religious School, the Teen Community, youth groups, “Gift of Israel,” scholarships for school/camps/NFTY, fundraising projects, and other projects/programs as needed.
1. Educational responsibilities
• Plan and implement Jewish informal educational programs, including schools, off campus activities, Shabbatonim and workshops for the elementary and teen community
• Promote and participate in local social action, educational, and social events within the congregation and community
• Reach out to uninvolved teens and explore ways to engage them
• Establish opportunities with Jewish teens in the area and in different schools to become involved in Jewish life
• Share your love of Judaism
2. Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
--> School-related responsibilities
• Support Youth Engagement Director and Lifelong Learning Director in their work
• Order supplies and make necessary reservations for weekly programs and special events
• Shop in person, when needed, for materials and supplies for programs
• Order dinner for MNC and other teen programs
• Collaborate with fundraising efforts for the department
• Manage school supply inventory
• Assist with College Connection shipment packages
• Mailings, reminders and emails
• Answer phones responding to general youth and religious school inquiries
• Greet visitors
• Count, post grade level Tzedakah
• Reconcile school’s AMEX and Publix cards
• Create Purchase orders when buying
• Maintain the Gift of Israel program– paperwork for Temple matching funds and send to Federation for matching funds
• Receive the donations to the youth funds. Send notification to families and donation thank you to donor. Send monthly list to magazine editor
Candidates must have the flexibility to attend meetings and to participate in evenings and weekend events. Camp experience is a plus.
Education and Experience
--> Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
• Self-starter and excellent project manager.
• Strong time management, organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Deep understanding of various social media platforms.
• Spanish and/or Hebrew language skills is an asset
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on select occasions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work time will be split between working in an open office setting and, on the floor delivering programs. Occasional exposure to outdoor activities may be requested. Weekend and evening work in alignment with programs is sometimes required.
• Level 2 background clearance as defined by the Florida Statutes/law.
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine(s) by date of hire to be considered for employment.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected] Please indicate “YERS Admin” in your subject line. Unfortunately, submissions without salary requirements will not be considered.