Campus Director, Nova Southeastern University
Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach
Forever transform the lives of Jewish students while living in one of the most vibrant (and warm!) Jewish communities in the United States. While we are a multi-campus Hillel, you will serve as the primary professional engaging students and representing our Hillel at NSU. As a community builder, you will inspire students to be partners in creating a vibrant and welcoming Jewish community on campus. You will drive Hillel forward by thinking big and implementing with excellence on a day-to-day basis. The potential for growth with this position is tremendous as is the excitement of seriously engaging with both undergraduate and graduate students.
The Campus Director will manage student leadership development, engagement, and Jewish programming for students at Nova Southeastern University and Broward College. As the full-time professional at NSU, you will be an independent and results-oriented professional working with a busy and motivated student body. You will also have a strong interest in working with both graduate and undergraduate students, and you will be excited about the freedom and responsibility that comes with being the sole Hillel professional on campus.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement leadership development programs for student leaders
- Serve as the Chief Student Engager and develop meaningful relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live, work, and/or study, utilizing creative methods to reach and interest them
- Serve as a strong Jewish role model
- Partner with student leaders and interns to create and implement a calendar of inclusive and innovative programs, including, Shabbat and holiday celebrations, social opportunities, social justice projects, Israel education, and Jewish learning
- Oversee NSU specific marketing, social media, and content for Hillel website; maintain participant tracking database
- Mentor student leaders in their Jewish growth through individual meetings and group trainings, to cultivate a Jewish community that is caring, diverse, welcoming, and actively inclusive
- Work cross-denominationally to encourage and promote an inclusive approach to religious expression through holiday and Shabbat observances, Jewish learning, and other related experiences
- Develop and promote partnerships with other student organizations on campus
- Achieve aggressive participation goals for programs such as Taglit-Birthright Israel, conferences, and other special events
- Ensure a diversity of perspectives on Israel are presented in a way that engages students
- Serve as a representative of the Jewish community on campus
- Manage a program budget, all purchases, catering, logistics, etc
What You’ve Accomplished
- 3-5 years professional experience in Jewish experiential education, Jewish student life, student affairs, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge in experiential Jewish education, including Israel education
- Proven success in managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently while maintaining quality across all areas
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- A passion for working with emerging adults and investing in their growth as Jewish leaders
- A commitment to pluralism and comfort with your Jewish identity, so you may act as a role model and mentor
- Familiarity with higher education and campus settings
- An entrepreneurial spirit - things may not always go according to plan, but you understand that ambiguity is part of developing great new opportunities
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $50,000-$55,000
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), flexible spending plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Travel regionally and possibly abroad
- Plenty of Hillel swag!
About Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach
South Florida is home to one of the largest and most diverse Jewish communities in the United States. Our multi-campus Hillel has two facilities, each located minutes from the pristine Atlantic Ocean on the campuses of Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton and at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale. The Jewish community is extremely active, with several Jewish day schools, many synagogues, and a variety of opportunities for young adult involvement. And we’ve got some of the best weather in the country – warm and sunny year-round, and never, ever any snow.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.