The Greater Miami Jewish Federation seeks a dynamic and motivated professional to
initiate and lead our South Dade region’s financial resource, leadership development and
community building efforts. South Dade boasts a strong and vibrant Jewish community
of more than 40,000 (30% of the Jewish households in Miami-Dade County).
The Regional Director is responsible for Federation’s Financial Resource Development
efforts in this region, coordinates the work of 100+ Board members and volunteers and
serves as Donor Relationship Manager to major donors and their families. The Director
serves as Federation liaison to local agencies, day schools, synagogues to foster a climate
of community, collaboration & shared responsibility. The ideal candidate is an
experienced relationship builder and a seasoned professional committed to excellent
Specific Responsibilities may include:
- Manage South Dade Campaign Division
- Actively recruit volunteer solicitors, motivate and monitor their assignments for
the South Dade Division
- Cultivate, steward & solicit a portfolio of donors.
- Serve as lead professional to Federation’s South Dade Board of Directors, with
particular focus on leadership development and campaign efforts
- Manage the operations of South Dade Branch office
- Supervise the South Dade Administrative Assistant; other staff supervision as
- Liaison and key contact to South Dade agencies, day schools & synagogues
- Represent Federation at South Dade community and agency events, serving as the
face of Federation
- Support/coordinate and recruit for Federation events and programs
- Significant experience in management of membership or volunteer operations and
working with volunteer committees.
- Strong donor-relations skills: proven ability in creating strategies to cultivate
prospects and channel donor engagement leading to greater charitable support.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with donors that will lead to a person’s financial
and leadership commitment to the Federation
- A solid solicitation track record with effective closing skills and a persuasive
ability to sell.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a leader and as part of a team
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with peers in the
organization whose support is needed for success
- Working knowledge of philanthropic vehicles in order to facilitate sophisticated
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Capacity to manage and organize information confidentially
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary
Education & Experience
- BA degree in relevant field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to eight years of experience in community organizing and financial resource
development functions for a Jewish communal agency, specifically solicitations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Jewish history, tradition, culture and community.
Understanding of Israel/Diaspora relations.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information or to apply to the position, please contact Abbey Feinberg,