Job Title: Project Manager – Impact Café
Contact: [email protected]
Work Schedule: Flexible schedule which may include weekends and/or evenings
Jewish Family Service & Children's Center of Clifton-Passaic (JFS) is dedicated to supporting and strengthening the lives of families, children and adults, ensuring access to high quality, affordable mental health services. Committed to the importance of integrative care, our agency offers a comprehensive array of programs that address the community’s needs and challenges, including financial assistance, vocational rehabilitation, crisis intervention specializing in domestic violence, and outpatient mental health services for young children, teens, adults and seniors. Originally founded in 1948 as a refugee resettlement agency, JFS has evolved into a full-service social services agency with a primary mission of supporting vulnerable populations in the community. Today, our agency provides non-denominational care with a focus on residents of Passaic County.
JFS is pleased to announce the Project Manager position. The incumbent works closely with people with disabilities, who are the primary employees of the agency’s Impact Café, a mobile gourmet coffee house that is booked for business at community, corporate and private events. The Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of this start-up business, including the development and implementation of the Café employee training program, booking the Café at events, selling food and drinks, hiring and scheduling staff, menu planning, and maintaining inventory. Additionally, the manager will coordinate with vendors, monitor budgets, and work to improve profit margins. This is an exciting growth-oriented opportunity for a highly motivated candidate interested in building a food-service business from the ground up!
JFS is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates with the lived experience of persons with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Work alongside a dedicated Project Management Team to build The Impact Café from the ground up.
- Develop and implement the Café Employee Training Program.
- Work closely with a chef consultant to develop the café menu.
- Evaluate employee progress and develop mechanisms for improving employee success.
- Recruit and supervise café staff
- Prepare weekly work schedules for staff.
- Book the café at public and private events.
- Drive the mobile café to/from events and oversee the business and its staff at all times.
- Ensure mobile café cleanliness and general maintenance.
- Represent The Impact Café at events.
- Ensure all café expenses are within budget and identify ways to increase profitability.
- Receive café supplies and verify that the correct items and quantities have been delivered.
- Take inventory of café supplies and order new stock as needed.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food quality and customer service.
- Suggest new menu items based on customers' preferences and feedback.
- Identify strategies to retain and attract customers.
- Assists agency with delivery of vocational support services
- Bachelor's degree or certification in business administration or business management is advantageous.
- Ability to work with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Management experience in the hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s License