The YIVO Institute for Jewish Research, a growing educational and cultural organization with the world’s foremost archives and library devoted to the history and culture of East European Jewry seeks a full-time Program Assistant to support the work of the Public Programs and Education departments. This is an in-person position based at YIVO’s headquarters in New York City.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the scheduling, setup, and execution of in-person and online classes and programs; liaise with Center for Jewish History staff regarding space reservations
- Manage YIVO’s general email mailbox and main phone line
- Interface with YIVO’s constituents and course registrants regarding programs and classes
- Manage YIVO’s event box office, including taking box office requests by email and phone, setting up box office at events, and reporting after events
- Assist in the compilation of statistics and reports regarding participants in programs and classes
- Assist in ordering and selling books and other items through the YIVO store and at events
- Help manage online educational series: keep up-to-date records of course registration, ensure the delivery of course premium content, and provide technical assistance to students. Provide assistance in launching new courses in the online series, including building the course website, managing production budget, and launch event preparation.
- Collect billing information, submit invoices to accounts payable, and track payments to vendors and participants in programs and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA)
- Experience working in an office
- Proficiency with Excel, other Office applications, and Zoom; video editing a plus
- Skilled use of a PC and Mac
- Knowledge of HTML and experience building online content a plus
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems in a timely manner
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work with a diverse and intergenerational constituency
- Ability to work some evening and weekends depending on the event schedule
- Good math and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to help
- Previous administrative assistant and online helpdesk experience preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
$45,000-$50,000; generous benefits package
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Ben Kaplan, Director of Education, at [email protected].
Please include “Program Assistant” in the subject heading of the email.