The Program Engagement role is a new senior staff position, which in conjunction with the role of Communications Manager seeks to engage the Agudas Achim Congregation of Northern Virginia’s membership in participating in programs that offer learning and volunteering opportunities, as well as musical and arts programs, while promoting socializing with affinity cohorts of the synagogue community.
The Communications’ role is to advance and support consistent and high-quality communications for Agudas Achim Congregation (AAC), helping the congregants better engage with the community.
The Program Engagement & Communications Managers serves on the Senior Staff, reports to the Executive Director and, as a member of the administrative team, works on program coordination, member engagement, and marketing. The Manager also works with members of the Board of Directors and Committee members, leading the Program Council, historically a calendar committee, whereby different committees can come together to plan future programs, and those with marketing and communications expertise can help advise on the Vision of the congregation’s engagement and communications efforts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Drive, and social media.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly with synagogues combined website and relational database (ShulCloud, which has member email capabilities for blast emails, newsletters, online invitations with registration ability) and other programs.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented; adept at prioritizing and multi-tasking effectively.
- Management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player who thrives in a collegial environment.
Knowledge of and interest in Jewish culture preferred.