Temple Beth Shalom Nursery School
Temple Beth Shalom Early Childhood Center is a vibrant, creative and nurturing program in the heart of Hastings on Hudson, NY. Our Nursery School is an important piece of our congregation’s history and future, as it is our belief that supporting children and families in today’s world will lead to stronger communities.
All of our teachers are highly engaged, committed and passionate about working with children. As a faculty, we are dedicated life-long learners, focused on continued education and evolving our program to meet the needs of our children. Our program supports a Team Teaching model, which means we are collaborators and enjoy working closely with others. Our classrooms feature one of the best student to teacher ratios in the area, making our school an incredibly rewarding and inspiring place to work.
Our classroom teams work together to create and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum, class plans, and to foster a warm, nurturing, creative, inspired learning environment.
We are incredibly proud of our organizational culture; the right applicant will read this and think “that’s me!”...
- Dedicated to working with children, connecting with children, and committed to their social-emotional growth and development.
- Comfortable working in a team setting, requiring collaboration, communication and respect (no job too big, or too small!)
- Assisting teachers with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
- Help implement and contribute to lesson plans/curriculum.
- Develop and support a classroom schedule and regular routine, including tasks that keep the classroom clean, safe, organized and moving forward throughout the day.
- Supporting students with special learning requirements.
- Nurture a love of the seasons, outdoors and the environment, and be comfortable working outdoors in all weather.
- Be tech-savvy, have comfort with Google office or a similar platform and help manage media and photos of the classroom (photo/video management and editing a plus).
- Observing state, school, and class rules and regulations; experience with an OCFS licensed facility is a plus.
- Applicants should be able to perform all physical tasks, including moving from the floor to standing, lifting objects, cleaning/disinfecting materials and setting up classrooms, moving light furniture and actively monitoring classrooms and outdoor spaces.
- Be available Monday through Friday, 8am - 2:30pm.
Salary: $20,000 - $23,000
Hours: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm, school days and teacher development days
Temple Beth Shalom is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability or marital status.