Job Title: Young Families Program Associate
Department: Community Engagement
Reports to: PJ Library Director/Community Concierge
Salary Range: $58k - $62k
The PJ Library Program Associate will be a part of the Community Engagement Team working directly with and reporting to the PJ Library Director/Community Concierge. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing, creative professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills encompassing the ability and drive to create a cadre of family engagement opportunities for parents of children ages 0 – 8 via multiple platforms throughout Greater MetroWest NJ.
Young Families Program Associate
- In partnership with the committee chairs, lead the Young Family Committee to create a cohesive group of educated and involved Federation lay leaders.
- Using feedback from the Young Family committee, create opportunities for in-person and virtual young family programming for parents meeting the needs of different constituencies (working parents, new and new-ish, and other unique populations).
- Work with the appropriate Federation professionals to collaborate on collaborative opportunities programming for this constituency, especially with the NextGen & Center for Volunteerism teams to ensure continuity between groups and programming opportunities for all.
- Serve as lead staff on all planned events (which may take place in the evening and on Sundays) including management of marketing processes within Basecamp, on-site during event, and development of follow-up strategies.
- Create monthly content for the Young Family newsletter.
- Promote PJ Library enrollment through GMW institutions and create marketing strategies to increase PJ Library enrollment throughout Greater MetroWest.
- Have a working knowledge of the PJ Library database and monthly processes to assist PJ Library administrative assistant in troubleshooting issues.
- Communicate with PJ Library subscribers when necessary.
- Together with Community Concierge (PJ Library director) and PJ Library administrator, be responsible for completing PJ Library national bi-yearly reports and work with CE’s PJ Library administrator.
- Serve as a member of the Welcoming and Inclusion team, potentially taking on additional assignments for key constituencies that overlap with young families (interfaith, LGBTQ, Honeymoon Israel, etc.).
Education, Skill, and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and access to a car are required.
- Experience facilitating all aspects of large and small programs including planning, logistics, leadership, marketing, follow-up communication, and evaluation. Possess excellent interpersonal and both written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with PJ Library books and programs is preferred.
- An organic knowledge and comfort with Jewish lifecycle, family, holiday, and communal practices and traditions and the ability to weave them into creative family programming opportunities.
- Openness and warmth when interacting with parents and young children in any environment and ability and desire to help parents create community and connect to each other.
- A wide degree of creativity, organization, and independent judgment is expected.
- Knowledge of Greater MetroWest preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, databases, and social media.
- Work some evenings and weekends.
Please send resume and cover to: [email protected], Reference PJ Library