Lead Toddler/Preschool Teacher
Alef-Bet Child Care, a welcoming, warm community in the heart of Cambridge is seeking loving and energetic teachers to join our team. Our children range from 15 months to Pre-K. At Alef Bet we are guided by a play based philosophy and create an emergent curriculum that values children's active engagement in learning through hands-on experiences and follows our student’s interests. Our dedicated teachers work in collaboration with each other, our leadership team and our families to care for the whole child.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Toddler/Preschool Teacher to join our team. As a Toddler/Preschool Teacher, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a nurturing and stimulating educational environment. Your role will involve designing and executing age-appropriate, play-based curriculum that is tailored to student’s interests, promoting social and cognitive development, and ensuring the safety and well-being of all children in your care. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, a strong understanding of early childhood development, and the ability to inspire and motivate both students and fellow educators while adhering to EEC state requirements.
- In partnership with the Leadership team and colleagues, co-create a warm, collaborative, inclusive, and supportive classroom environment
- Supervise and engage with children during indoor and outdoor play activities, ensuring their well-being at all times
- Maintain full responsibility for smooth running of classroom environment
- Design and develop curriculum
- Provide individualized support and guidance to encourage each child's progress and development
- Partner and communicate with families with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for the children
- Serve as a mentor and leader to assistant teachers and support staff, providing guidance and support in planning and classroom management
- Foster a collaborative and positive work environment, encouraging open communication and teamwork
- Participate in regular team meetings, staff meetings, and professional development sessions to ensure ongoing growth and professional learning.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance using our Family communication App
- Complete observations and prepare progress report at least twice a year to share with parents and guardians that reflect student’s progress
- Adhere to all EEC regulations
Qualifications and Requirements:
Systemic inequities in hiring have caused women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and others to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Alef Bet encourages you to break that statistic and apply, as no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you.
- A love of children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
- EEC Certification (Lead Teacher or Teacher) strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field preferred
- Comfortability with technology including email and Google Docs preferred, willingness to learn a must
- Any experience in Judaism and Hebrew is a plus but not necessary
- Strong organizational skills including teamwork, relationship building skills, the ability to multitask, the ability to manage situations effectively and diplomatically
- Ability and commitment to build strong relationships with families, co-workers, Alef Bet leadership and colleagues
- Physical mobility and stamina to actively participate in classroom activities and caretaking, including walking up two flights of stairs and to nearby parks, bending, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time and lifting at least 45 pounds
Compensation and Benefits:
Our school is within walking distance from Central Square.
$24-27 an hour based on experience. Benefits for full time employees include PTO, health insurance, dental, 401k, MA State Parental Leave, free off-site parking, many paid Federal and Jewish holidays off and early close on Fridays.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Elana Pollack at [email protected]