The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking to welcome experienced and dedicated Lead & Assistant Teachers to its Early Childhood Learning Center at the Mandel JCC in Palm Beach Gardens.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. JCC employees can use the on-site fitness facilities and take part in all of the programs available. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, and healthcare plans underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR JCC?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we believe in investing in them by way of offering valuable health insurance plans and others benefits such as a staff discount on our programs, paid time off, retirement plan participation and professional development.
ABOUT OUR EARLY CHILDHOOD CLASSROOMS:
Our classrooms each have an assigned Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher that are responsible for working together in their assigned class of children in planning and implementing the curriculum, working with parents, and assessing the needs of individual children under the guidance of the Lead Teacher and Director of Early Learning. The curriculum followed in each classroom is designed to meet the emotional, physical, cognitive & social needs for both the individual child and the group.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide a safe, nurturing and child-centered learning environment, developmentally appropriate to the age/growth level of the children assigned, where young children’s skills and self-concepts are enhanced, independence and exploration encouraged, and, individuality respected;
- Attend to children's physical and emotional needs, such as changing diapers, making bottles, ensuring safety when eating, etc.;
- Create and maintain a daily routine of cleanliness in the classroom to prevent illness/the spread of contagious illness. This includes: frequent handwashing, sanitizing toys, cleaning tables, etc.;
- Edit lesson plans/unit plans as needed to meet the needs and interests of the children;
- Observe, record and report individual and group behavior as required; Maintain records and files as instructed (i.e., attendance, behavior records);
- Establish a positive partnership with parents through newsletters, daily reports, theme lesson plans and parent conferences as required;
- Keep inventory of classroom supplies and notify the office when supplies are needed.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Three (3) years’ experience in group education of children
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree & 45 hour DCF training course in child care or the educational exemption granted by the training coordinating agencies, when applicable;
- Meet Florida Department of Health requirements for teaching in an Early Childhood Learning Center;
- CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to acquire it;
- Knowledgeable of Palm Beach County Health Department rules and regulations governing child care facilities;
- Working knowledge of the growth and development of young children and ability to utilize this information in the classroom. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to work constructively with children and adults;
- Judaic knowledge or willingness to acquire this knowledge through study;
- Ability to relate to young children and adults in an emotionally responsive manner;
- Be sensitive to individual children’s differences and needs, and be willing to adjust the program to meet those individual needs;
- Competency in various skill areas such as music, art, science, literacy, mathematics, language development and physical development;
- Be motivated to learn and grow in an educational environment and be willing to continually increase knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Education;
- Proven experience working well in a team environment and collaborating with colleagues and members of the community.
OUR JCC WELCOMES ALL PEOPLE
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.