Beth Shalom Congregation (Columbia, MD) has open positions for Tefilah-Hebrew, and Judaics teachers at preschool, elementary, and middle school age levels. We offer Sunday morning (9:00 am -12:00 noon) and Wednesday afternoon classes (4:30-6:30 pm).
In our religious school, we have a progressive, ever-evolving project of engaging and thoughtful Judaic and Hebrew programs for students and their families that provide a strong foundation for our children's lasting Jewish identities.
We are searching for dynamic, enthusiastic, caring, and knowledgeable teachers who can help us meet our educational goals. Our teachers are encouraged and offered support to explore and implement a variety of teaching methods, including, but not limited to, project-based learning, social-emotional processes, and experiential learning methods.
Teachers are expected to be:
• Open-minded and creative;
• Passionate about non-traditional Judaism and the potential for synagogue-school education;
• Comfortable using technology and innovative ways of educating children;
• Capable of inspiring curiosity and interest in Judaics and Tefilah-Hebrew among our students and families; and
• Collaborative partners and reliable communicators with parents, faculty colleagues, and Education Director
Beth Shalom prides itself on being a warm congregation that cares for its members as part of an extended family. We encourage involvement and participation and provide our members with a well-rounded and diverse program of activities that touch every area of Jewish Life: Worship, Education and Community.
For more information and to apply please email your resume and cover letter to:
Dr. Louis Nagel at [email protected] or call 410-531-5115 X322