Seattle Hebrew Academy – Judaic Studies Teaching Positions
Seeking a Judaic Studies teacher for Third grade. Candidates should have mastery in Torah studies. Candidates should be highly motivated to grow professionally, work collaboratively and to becoming part of our professional learning community.
Seattle Hebrew Academy is a Modern Orthodox Jewish Day School, serving the greater Seattle community for over 70 years. SHA provides exceptional academics and inspired Judaic Studies to students from Early Childhood through 8th Grade.
Seattle Hebrew Academy supports teacher growth and development through professional mentoring, peer mentoring, professional development, teacher collaboration and opportunities for growth.
Primary skills and responsibilities:
- developing a learning environment that is conducive to learning and inspires student growth
- creating organized lesson plans where students are encouraged to engage in inquiry: ask thoughtful questions, discover answers, apply what they learn, and problem-solve creatively
- continually assess student achievement with a variety of methods and modalities toward mastery of standards and keep students and parents informed of student progress
- differentiating instruction according to student needs and abilities; provide accommodations and modifications to support the success of all students
- possessing the knowledge and creativity to deliver innovative and personalized instruction designed to maximize student learning;
- collaborating with partner teachers
- participating in department, school and parent meetings
- communicating effectively with parents, students and colleagues;
- participating in school-wide professional development, and seek continual feedback and coaching to develop as a teacher
Should have a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Education, Judaic Studies, Hebrew, or other pertinent field. Candidates should be comfortable in English and Hebrew. A Master's degree and or five or more years of experience would be laudable.
We thank all applicants in advance!
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Rabbi Weiss at [email protected] – Subject Line: Judaic Position
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package!