Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Development Associate.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Development Associate will be an integral member of CJP’s Individual Giving and Campaign team. The Development Associate will work directly with the Vice President, Individual Giving & Campaign to support their overall administrative needs. They will also perform administrative duties to support two additional director level positions in their fundraising efforts. The Associate will serve as a contact for other internal departments and will complete special projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Proactively manages and coordinates with detail calendar and overall schedule.
- Partner on donor strategy management for top prospects and donors and maintain comprehensive development plans in the database.
- Create and manage groups, reports and exports using database, manipulate and analyze lists, and support donor review process. Serve as a database power user.
- Ensure all donor contact is recorded in database and biographical information updates are processed.
- Develop background for briefing memos.
- Contribute to donor solicitation, cultivation and stewardship projects.
- Provide administrative support on Development events and programs.
- Process expense reports and support internal calendaring.
- Assist with providing back-up coverage for CJP switchboard/reception area.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Higher education degree or administrative/business training/certification preferred
- 2-3 years of development focused experience preferred; 2+ years of administrative support experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of administrative and office procedures.
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Database and Internet
- Keen writing and editing skills.
- Desire to work in a fast- paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Supportive of the CJP mission
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to author and accurately proofread documents and correspondence.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ShowJob=419826688
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.