The Breman Education Center (BEC) at The Temple is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and dynamic part-time elementary Judaics Teacher for our Sunday Program. Classes meet on Sunday mornings from 9:30-noon the middle of August through the end of April.
- Experience in a classroom setting, camp, or youth program
- Positive Jewish role model
- Lover of Judaism and Israel and full of Jewish pride
- Organized and self-starter
- Creative and charismatic
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Work with the BEC educators to lead your own classroom (lesson plans are given)
- Regular ongoing communication with BEC educators
- Create a welcoming learning environment for students to explore their Judaism and boost their Jewish pride
- Regular communication with parents in coordination with partner teachers
More about our program:
The Temple strives to create a love for Jewish learning because we believe that learning is a lifelong endeavor. To that end, the Breman Education Center strives to spark positive Jewish identity in all our students:
Act: We nurture Jewish values and embrace our diversity to actively make a difference in our world.
Connect: We create lifelong relationships and connect God, Israel, and our heritage to the modern world.
Explore: We bring Judaism to life through experiential learning of Torah and rituals, celebrations, and travel.
Starting salary: $35+ per hour, based on experience