Do you want to prevent individuals and families from being evicted?
Do you want to help people keep the lights on and their homes heated?
Do you want to help guide people on a path towards greater economic stability?
Are you interested in being part of a collaborative team of professionals in an environment that encourages professional development and lifelong learning?
If your answer is "Yes" to any of these questions, we'd love to speak to you about the impact of our work and the dedicated teamwork we offer.
The Case Manager works with a diverse, low-income population, using a strength-based and clinical approach. In this position, you will assess the full scope of a client's situation within the context of institutional and systemic barriers, provide financial assistance through our program, and connect them to resources within JF&CS and in the community. Your role is to support clients as they take steps to build a sustainable financial future. This work is impactful on an individual and community level.
- This is a full-time position, either 8 am – 4 pm or 9 am – 5 pm, Monday-Friday. The position is currently hybrid. An ability to work in person in Waltham office for specified days / hours per week is required.
- Communication with clients and colleagues happens via phone, e-mail and zoom. We have recently started to meet again in the office and see clients in person in a limited capacity.
- You will receive weekly supervision from a licensed clinical social worker, participate in staff meetings as well as the bi-weekly Case Coordination Team meetings which include colleagues across several programs within our division.
- Opportunity to take on new projects and administration of some programs within the Emergency Financial Assistance program.
Your workday will include:
- Conducting intakes with new clients primarily by phone and ongoing follow-up with your active clients via phone, email and zoom. Meeting with clients in person when appropriate and indicated.
- Advocating on behalf of clients with landlords, utility companies and other providers.
- Collaborating with colleagues within JF&CS for consultation and access to additional services.
- Learning about and staying up to date on community resources and facilitating referrals for your clients.
- Reflecting on your work and client interactions during supervision time.
- Oversight and completion of financial grants.
- Documenting your work with clients in a Salesforce client data system.
What can you bring to this position?
- High emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals from many backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A keen sense of flexibility, creativity and determination which will allow you to face challenging client situations with hope and compassion. A good sense of humor is a necessity!
- A Master's degree in Social Work or related field is preferable. We strongly encourage those with a Bachelor's degree in Social Work with relevant working experience to apply. You will be supervised by an LICSW and can use your supervision hours towards applying for social work licensure.
- A car or reliable transportation for occasional client visits and transportation to the office will be necessary.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office computer programs (Excel, Word, Outlook) and willingness to learn and use technology for record-keeping and communication.
- Experience with Salesforce, or any client data tracking system is a plus.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Best-in field paid time off, including 22 days of vacation time, plus national and Jewish holidays
- 15 Sick days per year w/ carryover
- Mileage reimbursement
- Immediate eligibility for insurance and benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plans
- Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
To apply for this position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.