Am Kolel Jewish Renewal Community of Greater Washington seeks a Director of Judaic Programming (a rabbi and/or cantor or Jewish educator) for our Judaic Resource and Renewal Center based in Rockville, Maryland.
Am Kolel is an independent and inclusive Jewish renewal community devoted to the revitalization of Jewish life by meeting unmet needs in the Jewish community and by responding to social issues with a progressive voice. Am Kolel was founded in 1990. The director and spiritual leader, Rabbi David Shneyer, received his ordination from Aleph.
We are seeking an innovative creator of programming with proven managerial skills who will work closely with our founder and director in fulfilling our commitment to building a community of purpose and commitment to Jewish renewal and social and eco justice in the Greater Washington DC region.
The ideal candidate will be....
• an individual whose depth of Jewish knowledge and experience can make Jewish life accessible to people of all backgrounds and ages.
• a community builder.
• committed to social and eco justice and to advancing progressive Judaism.
• skilled on both an interpersonal level and through the use of social media in networking.
• a creative idea person, who is also detail-oriented, organized, and successful at program development and execution.
• a person with at least three years of prior experience in Jewish programming.
• a musician who loves leading a community in song
We would want our Director of our Judaic Resource Center to:
1. Create and mount innovative, engaging programs and services.
2. Develop social-media and interpersonal outreach initiatives to support those programs and services.
3. Host monthly Shabbat dinners.
4. Develop introductory courses in Judaism.
5. Offer guidance for life cycle events.
1. $50,000. 30 hour week on average.
2. Am Kolel provides a benefits package that includes medical benefits; generous paid time off including Jewish holy days and Federal holidays; and a flexible working environment. You will also receive a full family membership in Am Kolel.
Starting: Fall 2023
Send inquiry and resume to [email protected]
Feel free to call Rabbi David Shneyer, 301-349-2799