JEWISH LIFE ASSOCIATE/SENIOR ASSOCIATE
Sixth & I seeks a Jewish Life Associate/Senior Associate. Sixth & I is looking for a personable, detail-oriented, and creative team player to support our wide array of classes, holidays, and community-building endeavors designed to offer dynamic ways for those in their 20s and 30s to explore life’s big questions through a Jewish framework and engage with Jewish values, ideas, and traditions on their own terms and without judgment.
This is a full-time position that includes the expectation of working two nights per week or weekend in person to cover Jewish holidays and Shabbat programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Jewish Life programming as needed under the management of the Assistant Director of Jewish Life.
- Planning, executing and coordinating logistics for all Friday Night Services and acting as lead staff for two to three Shabbat services per month.
- Manage holiday programming at Sixth & I, including a significant support role in High Holiday programming.
- Coordinate ongoing series classes, community engagement programming, and new initiatives from planning to evaluation.
- Meaningfully engage with and create opportunities for community members and Jewish Life volunteers to deepen their connections to Sixth & I.
- Collect survey feedback and other constituent data, in consultation with Assistant Director, to inform and enhance relationship building and team decision making.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Event management experience in either a formal or informal setting
- Keen attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to juggle competing demands and deadlines while managing time efficiently
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary: This position offers a salary range of $49,025-$53,000 along with robust benefits. The role sits within Sixth & I’s Level 1 salary band, and as such, has the potential to grow to $60,950 over time.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Sixth & I has a competitive benefits package that includes Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, Retirement Savings w/ Matching Program, Pre-tax Transit Benefit, Paid Holidays, Parental Leave and more. In addition to regular vacation time, our office is closed the week of July 4th and between Christmas and New Year’s, as well as for select Jewish holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications accepted on a rolling basis with a deadline of Friday, October 7. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with your name and “Jewish Life Senior Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls or emails please. Candidates will be contacted if there is an opportunity to be interviewed by Wednesday, October 12.
Sixth & I is an equal employment opportunity employer. Systemic inequities in hiring have caused many women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ people to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you don’t have all of the qualifications listed but are extremely organized, passionate about our mission, and believe you have applicable and transferable skills from other industries, we encourage you to apply for this job.
WHAT IS SIXTH & I?
Sixth & I is a center for arts, entertainment, ideas, and Jewish life in Washington, DC. We inspire more meaningful and fulfilling lives through an unexpected mix of experiences that embrace the multi-faceted identities of those we serve.