Who We Are
Congregation Shir Hadash is a Reform congregation located in Los Gatos, CA, in the heart of Silicon Valley, affiliated with the Union for Reform Judaism. The congregation is a vibrant and well-established mid-sized congregation of roughly 600 family units, dedicated to providing a vital Jewish life, spiritual growth, and a sense of community for its members.
Recently, our Senior Rabbi, Rabbi Melanie Aron, retired after serving the congregation for 30 years. We are excited to welcome Rabbi Nico Socolovsky to our congregation as its next Senior Rabbi.
Kulanu (“All of Us”) is a multi-faceted approach to Jewish learning that lets go of the notions of “school,” and replaces it with “experience.” We acknowledge that our youth and their families are unique and recognize that engagement in Jewish life is not one size fits all. As such, we strive to support all of our youth and families in a variety of ways in which they can connect with Judaism. By learning and living Jewishly, and by understanding our collective history and traditions, we can find meaning and purpose in our lives today.
Who We Are Seeking
We are looking for an energetic, engaging, and capable song leader to join our community for the 2022-2023 school year.
Our ideal candidate is great with people of all ages, familiar with Reform Jewish worship and music, and plays the guitar. We hope to find someone whose personality shines through everything they do, who loves Jewish music and sharing Jewish music with others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead weekly t’fillah and song sessions in partnership with the clergy during our school program, Kulanu, from 9:30am-12:00pm.
- Teach music for grades K-2, and a music elective for grades 4-6.
- There is the potential to participate in Shabbat worship and High Holy Day Youth Programming.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to connect with children, from preschool age to high school, through singing
- Proficiency with guitar
- Knowledge of Reform Jewish liturgy, Shabbat & holiday services
- Familiarity with Reform camp repertoire
- Ability to learn new music quickly
- Strong communication skills
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 recordings (including YouTube/Vimeo videos) to [email protected]
Interested candidates should reach out to Rabbi PJ Schwartz at [email protected] or 678-575-3949. Pay is commensurate with experience, and is equal to or greater than pay at local congregations in the San Jose area.