About Temple Israel
Temple Israel (TI) of Boston’s mission is “Living Judaism together through discovery, dynamic spirituality and righteous impact.” We live this mission daily through our commitment to Jewish creativity, and our dynamic approach to building Jewish community. Widely known for offering an array of Jewish experiences and social justice, and cultural programming, Temple Israel is proud of its expansive and inclusive educational program. Our historic building is home to a Pre-K through 7th grade religious school, a pluralistic, city-wide teen program called “The Tent”, “The Village” a robust program for young families, and thriving opportunities for adult learning through our Center for Adult Jewish Learning (CAJL) including Temple Israel Lifelong Learning Institute (TILLI). To learn more, visit us at www.tisrael.org. Education Administrative Coordinator, Adult Programming
The Education Administrative Coordinator for Adult Programming is a full time, exempt position, responsible for providing administrative and programmatic support and coordination for the Temple Israel Adult Education Department. This position requires flexible hours, including some holidays, evenings, and weekends. A working knowledge of organized Jewish life or willingness to learn about it will be important. This position reports directly to the Director of Programs and Community Engagement and will work closely with the Director of Congregational Learning. Job Responsibilities The Education Administrative Coordinator, Adult Programming will occupy a central role in our Education Team, and will join the greater administrative staff team at TI. The Education Administrator Coordinator, Adult Programming will serve as our first line for program administration and logistics for the Center for Adult Jewish Learning at Temple Israel of Boston (CAJL), the Temple Israel Lifelong Learning Initiative (TILLI) and other large synagogue wide events, programs and holidays as needed. The Administrative Coordinator will also provide administrative support to the Rabbi who serves as Director of Congregational Learning. As a part of the staff team, entrusted by our community members to embody the spirit and enliven the mission of Temple Israel, this person will constantly strive to maintain a helpful, supportive attitude toward the work, the organization, and the community.
General duties include:
Adult Education Program Administration for CAJL and TILLI
- Enter and maintain all program details for events, classes, and travel in the Events Management system. Communicate both space and set up needs to Events Coordinator, IT Director, accomodators, and facilities staff; review and confirm the program calendar weekly.
- Create registration forms for all events, classes, and travel. Update and manage registration lists, and the confirmation and reminder emails for participants for all programs. Help troubleshoot registration issues as needed. Assist with reporting and tracking of all program participation.
- Process check payments, and ensure timely payment to teachers, speakers, facilitators, vendors, and other incoming invoices.
- Serve as the “help desk” point person for answering phones and email queries related to CAJL, TILLI and other adult programs.
- Serve as the administrative point person day-of for adult programs. Coordinate the supplies and other support requests as needed. Manage Zoom links for all online and mixed presence programs.
- Draft the monthly email CAJL newsletter and other regular communications for Adult Programs (TILLI, 50s/60s, etc). Maintain all mailing lists and provide general communication support as needed. ? Manage the organization of files, both electronic and physical, including Google Drive, Dropbox, and other office systems.
- Other miscellaneous administrative support as needed. Administrative Assistant to the Associate Rabbi and Director of Congregational Learning
- Manage schedule and make appointments, including lifecycle event preparation and introductory meetings.
- Administrative support for lifecycle events (Weddings, Conversions, B’nei Mitzvah, Funerals and Baby Namings) including serving as tech coordinator for 8-14 Saturday morning b’nei mitzvah a year.
- Other administrative tasks as necessary Qualifications and Skills ? Agility with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, and DropBox. Training support provided for Zoom, Constant Contact, Salesforce, and other new technologies as they become available.
- Exemplary written and verbal skills
- Tenacious attention to detail, even under tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects
- Professional, diplomatic, and discreet with confidential matters
- Knowledge of the local Jewish landscape, synagogue life, Jewish education, Jewish holiday cycle, and Hebrew desired but not necessary
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Patience and sense of humor.
This position is full time and exempt. $47,000 - $53,000 Salary Range, plus benefits