We are looking for a joyful, passionate organizer of people with superb communications and administrative experience to join our collaborative staff and engaged congregation. The Communications and Member Engagement Manager is entrusted with building community within the congregation. You would oversee and implement internal and external communication strategies, organize and promote Kehilla events, and promote engagement with new and existing Kehilla members.
Who We Are
At Kehilla we’re creating a loving community that reaches for joy, shared liberation, and justice, rooted in Jewish spiritual teachings and practice, and sustained by interdependence and mutual care, in the Lisjan Ohlone territory of Huchiun. We are a 550 household Jewish Renewal congregation that is a leading progressive voice in the Jewish community and a passionate Jewish voice in the progressive world.
- Communications and Marketing - Produce community-wide communications, oversee Kehilla’s website, market for High Holy Day and other key events, & manage Kehilla’s social media presence.
- Member Engagement - Reach out to prospective members, welcome new members, work with congregants who lead committees, and connect members to programs, events and volunteer opportunities.
- Program and Event Coordination - spearhead logistical coordination of High Holy Days and other holiday and special events, and work with members to organize synagogue programs and services.
You will be great for the role if:
- You want to work for an organization that cares about treating people well and affecting the world for the better
- You like working hard and want to have a good time while you are doing it
- You have good people skills
- You are well organized
- You like to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- You are flexible and really good at multitasking
- You are a good listener and like communicating with lots of kinds of people
- You can laugh when things get stressful
- A bachelors degree or comparable experience
- Experience with communications and program marketing
- Experience in project and event organizing
- Ability to use or quickly learn applications such as WordPress, social media apps, Google Suite, Canva and ShulCloud
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Knowledge and understanding of Judaism and Jewish communal life strongly preferred
Start Date: Position is currently open
Reports to: Executive Director
Type: Full time, non-exempt
This position requires that one have the ability to comfortably use a keyboard and mouse. Must be able to sit in a room with compact fluorescent or LED lighting.
Please send a resume and a detailed cover letter stating why you are a great candidate for this position to Executive Director Michael Saxe-Taller at [email protected]. Interviews are ongoing.