Or Hadash is seeking a talented, resourceful, dynamic, and organized individual for program coordination & administrative support through the Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur portions of the new year holidays for 5784. This position has the possibility of becoming an annual job.
Or Hadash: A Reconstructionist Congregation, is a warm, progressive, engaging, and creative Jewish community that welcomes people of all backgrounds, including interfaith families, LGBTQ individuals, as well as people of all races, ethnicities, and abilities. We strive to make Judaism meaningful for current and future generations through study, prayer, cultural, musical, and other artistic expression. Social action and acts of tikkun olam are also important ways to engage at Or Hadash.
High Holiday Coordinator (HHC)
The HHC is responsible for leading Or Hadash through Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur and participating in a brief wrap up afterward. They will report directly to the Spiritual Life committee chairs and will work closely with both the congregational Rabbi and Educational Director. They will also coordinate logistics & security with our Synagogue Administrator, and ensure shammas & custodial duties are performed on the holidays. The HHC will be responsible for numerous tasks such as, but not limited to, adhering to a timeline for completing arrangements for the holidays, coordinating information preparation for the holiday mailing with the Admin, distributing aliyot and honors, organizing & supporting volunteers, and overseeing preparation of the building, food, and parking.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in organizational operations (business or non-profit) that includes strong interpersonal skills, coordinating programs & events (while adapting as needed), collaborating with professionals & staff, managing & supporting volunteers, and overseeing facilities. Experience working in a synagogue environment is a plus, but not required.
We are seeking an HHC who:
- Is highly organized, with program or event experience.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate candidly and intentionally.
- Has excellent record keeping and follow-through skills.
- Has working experience with Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Has working experience with Google Sheets & Docs.
- Familiarity with ShulCloud is helpful but not necessary.
The HHC position is:
- Part time, approximately 70 to 100 hours. Lighter time commitments begin in May 2023, increase through the summer, are heaviest late summer through September, and lighter in the first part of October 2023. In-person attendance to oversee operations during High Holiday services would be helpful.
- Compensation is between $1,500 - $2000 (for 75 to 100 hours at $20/hour, from May 2023-October 2023)
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
Or Hadash is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Assistance and/or reasonable accommodation during the application process are available to individuals upon request.