Do you love to have fun and bring celebration, joy, and Jewish identity to others? Could you see yourself as an ambassador for our congregation’s teens? As part of a collaborative professional staff, you will get to work with kids and teens to build community and help them discover meaningful Jewish experiences.
If you are interested in joining a wonderful team, creating deep relationships, having the freedom to create exciting programming, and inspiring Jewish identity and friendships, read below for some more highlights on what you'll have the opportunity to do:
- Receive mentoring and supervision from our Director of Lifelong Jewish Learning, and all of the amazing members of our clergy team, on all aspects of youth and teen programming. This includes youth groups, Religious School, fun new program you'll dream up, and off-site retreats.
- Join a staff team who cares deeply about our work and each other. You will be counted on to come in every day with a positive attitude and outlook, ready to work as a member of the team. If you’ve ever worked in a similar environment, you know how important teamwork and commitment are to personal success.
- Plan engagement strategy from concept to execution, including outreach to our congregation, planning exciting new programs and initiatives, and putting your ideas into action.
- Engage on a wide variety of Temple activities. Temple life is never boring! You will be a part of staffing events, planning programs, building relationships, and managing operational tasks, all while being a welcoming presence for our families.
- Mentor and be a role model for hundreds of kids and teens, while at the same time, being available as a resource for parents. Bonus if you have worked in a similar role or environment previously.
- Commit to developing new skills and growing in this exciting role. We are looking for someone who wants to advance their career by taking on responsibility and running with a program and engagement portfolio. We are here to help you at every step of the way and want to help you achieve your professional goals!
Who We Are
Temple Beth El is vibrant and inclusive synagogue of thoughtful Jewish spirituality, meaningful relationships, and inspired personal growth. Our staff and lay leadership work closely together to create a warm and welcoming congregational family that is committed to tikkun olam, spiritual growth, learning, inclusion, and progressive Jewish values.
Where We Are
We are located in booming Charlotte, North Carolina. One of the fastest growing areas of the country, Charlotte offers exciting nightlife, amazing outdoor recreation, awesome restaurants, and both mountains and beaches within just a short drive (links are just a few of the incredible offerings of our city). Our community is engaged, supportive, and ready to welcome you!
Shalom Park in Charlotte
One cool thing about our congregation is that we are located on Shalom Park, a beautiful 40 acre campus that is the center of Jewish life in Charlotte. Our Levine JCC is just a few steps away, as are two schools, a conservative congregation, and tons of other Jewish organizations that are partners in serving our community. These amenities make it easier to plan collaborative events and programs, get to know others in the community, and even step out from work for a quick yoga class or stroll around the Park.
Salary negotiable based on experience and qualifications.