IACT Coordinator for Israel Engagement
Enrich the lives of Jewish students by joining USC Hillel as our IACT Coordinator for Israel Engagement. IACT (Inspired, Active, Committed, Transformed) is an initiative that builds on the success of Birthright Israel by offering support and inspiration to students before, during, and beyond the trip. As an integral member of our student life professional team, you will oversee a comprehensive engagement strategy dedicated to creating community around our Israel experiences at the University of Southern California. In this role, you will have the opportunity to spearhead a thriving and impactful program on one of the most exciting campuses in the world, while growing in a nurturing and supportive professional environment. USC Hillel sends upwards of 120 students to Israel on a Birthright Israel trip each year.
Building meaningful relationships with students as a mentor and partner, you will design a Birthright recruitment effort that leverages the talent of your colleagues, student leaders, and interns to meet ambitious trip participation goals. You will travel to Israel regularly as a staff member for Birthright trips. You will bring your collaborative vision to facilitating impactful campus experiences that deepen student connections to Israel and Jewish identity, and guide students toward committed involvement in Hillel and Jewish life. Just as we aspire to expand our student Birthright experience well beyond the parameters of the trip, as a professional you will have the opportunity to pursue areas of passion and personal interest, and to put your skills to work inspiring the next generation of Jewish leadership.
What You’ll Do
- Manage USC Hillel’s Birthright Israel program including recruitment, interviews, and pre-trip orientations
- Enhance the Birthright Israel trip experience, staffing every round (twice annually) and curating Shabbat observances, b’nei mitzvah , and Jewish identity conversations
- Effectively use social media as a strategy to promote and highlight the trip experience
- Develop strategic relationships with students from key campus demographics, utilizing network mapping and coordinated peer-to-peer outreach to maximize the breadth of Birthright participation
- Build 180 personal relationships with students marginally affiliated with Jewish life, guiding them toward enriching Jewish communal experiences
- Recruit 120+ students to participate in Birthright Israel annually
- Supervise Birthright recruitment interns and facilitate their growth as student leaders
- Participate fully as a member of our Student Life professional team, including contributing to and staffing our wide-ranging annual student programming calendar
- Collaborate with your colleagues on developing programming, including our signature events in the Israel space
- Manage and implement use of the IACT programmatic budget
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, a willingness to take risks and learn from your wins as well as your losses
- Facility with relationship building and accessibility to students from diverse backgrounds
- Experience in recruiting and marketing, and comfort in the role of salesperson
- Energetic presence and enthusiasm for Israel education and engagement
- A collaborative spirit and the ability to coordinate across teams within and without Hillel
- Strong organizational thinking, independence, and creativity in problem-solving
- A commitment to Jewish pluralism
- 0-3 years professional work experience
- Bachelors degree
- Prior experience in experiential education and marketing preferred
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $45,000 - $47,500
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Outstanding professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel
About USC Hillel
USC Hillel is the Center of Jewish Life at USC, engaging over 70% of our 2,000+ Jewish student population annually. Our mission is to enrich the lives of our students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. Fostering meaningful Jewish experiences, USC Hillel develops leaders and inspires young Jewish Trojans to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life. We offer a welcoming environment, nurturing space to build strong Jewish community, and an emphasis on peer-to-peer relationship building among an actively engaged student base. USC Hillel offers opportunities for students to become leaders, mentors, and community members with the greater USC and Los Angeles communities.
About the University of Southern California
The University of Southern California is one of the world’s leading private research universities. An anchor institution in Los Angeles and a global center for arts, technology and international trade, USC enrolls more international students than any other U.S. university and offers extensive opportunities for internships and study abroad. With a strong tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, USC fosters a vibrant culture of public service and encourages students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
USC Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.