The Tampa JCCs & Federation’s (the “Organization’s”) Engagement team convenes and connects people to Jewish life and community, working to build an inclusive and vibrant community of belonging for the Tampa Jewish community and within the Tampa JCCs & Federation. The Engagement team is committed to creating a continuum of high-quality experiences and a vibrant menu of touchpoints rooted in relationship-based engagement.
In this position, you’ll be working with the Engagement team to help create a community of belonging where all Jewish people feel welcome and comfortable participating in Jewish experiences that help them thrive. You will help us connect more deeply with a wide variety of people in the Tampa Jewish community, helping to expand the Organization’s impact. Key responsibilities will include programmatic support, relationship building, content and resource development, research, data collection and volunteer stewardship.
The JCC understands the desire of our employees to have the proper work-life balance, which we can offer.
What sets us apart from other employers is that we can offer you some additional benefits to you and/or your family.
- Employee benefits for our full-time staff, which includes health, dental, vision and life insurance. The Organization contributes towards our employees' health and life insurance.
- Our employees do not have to wait until the end of the biweekly payroll period to receive their earned compensation. We have a program that will allow our employees to take an advance on a portion of their earned wages.
- Free employee membership to the Bryan Glazer Family JCC and JCC on the Cohn Campus, which have fitness centers, pools, adult and children programming, childcare and much more.
- Employee discounts offered on any enrollment in our preschool, aftercare and summer camp programs at any of our facilities.
Essential Job Functions
Specific duties include supporting the Director of Engagement in a variety of programmatic areas and engagement experiences, including but not limited to:
- Providing programmatic support and assistance for all Federation Engagement team initiatives including venue and equipment reservations, securing guest speakers, registering and tracking guest RSVPs, correspondence and phone calls with guests and sponsors, and preparing materials for events (nametags, copies, registration lists, signage, etc.)
- Connecting with Federation constituents and program participants including personal contact, phone calls, emails and written correspondence. Ability to reach out by phone and be conversant and friendly is a must! Must be able to respond to phone messages, emails and requests in a timely manner.
- Attending and assisting with all Federation Engagement team programs, providing coordination and facilitation support during event experiences. Includes greeting, welcoming and networking with guests and facilitating introductions. Availability to work weekday nights and weekends is essential.
- Fully managing the iVolunteer initiative, creating, coordinating, implementing, overseeing and facilitating iVolunteer social action experiences throughout the year.
- Creating, writing and preparing ongoing marketing communications for the agency, including Shalom Tampa, Jbuzz and IMPACT enewsletters.
- Research new engagement initiatives, trends, grant and program funding opportunities to enhance and expand team goals. Opportunities to create and develop new programs and initiatives are possible and welcome!
- Assisting with crafting social media posts to build awareness and increase participation for individual programs and projects.
- Updating constituent and other databases as necessary with address and name changes.
- Helping create presentations, memos and reports as needed.
- Perform additional duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited college or university.
- Three to five years of professional work experience in a non-profit organization or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of Jewish values, holidays, traditions and culture. Jewish communal service experience and Jewish knowledge is a plus.
- Must have knowledge and ability to use databases, computer spreadsheets, word processing and other basic programs (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel), and email marketing programs (such as Constant Contact or Mailchimp).
- Dynamic, high-energy, creative, organized, and be able to act as a community organizer while possessing an unequivocal level of diplomacy and discretion.
- Detail-oriented, versatile, organized, innovative, collaborative and a team-player.
- Strong written and verbal communication, social media, project management, administrative, time-management and organizational skills are a must.
- The candidate should have an entrepreneurial mindset, able to identify and pursue new opportunities and effective at forging strong interpersonal connections and alliances.
- The candidate must also have a team-oriented attitude and a desire to work collaboratively with colleagues and volunteer partners, managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience in event coordination, community organizing, and volunteer engagement is ideal.
- The ideal individual should be able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities.
- Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 10 pounds may be required.
- Physical stamina – must be able to bend, kneel, and squat as required to maintain files and records, etc.
- Must be able to sit at a desk in an office environment at least 80% of the work shift. Ability to walk and standing intermittently for the remaining 20% of the assigned work day.
- Work is mainly performed in a weather controlled, air conditioned/heated facility. Facility is well lit and has minimal obstacles.
- Position uses typical office environment apparatus including computer, printer, fax machine and copier.
- Reports directly to Director of Engagement
- $40,000 - $50,000 depending on experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a Certified Drug Free Workplace