The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading, developing, and implementing the Mandel JCC’s full range of marketing and communications efforts. The Director will be a self-starter who will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer to ensure that all communications and events are consistent with its brand and to bring awareness of the JCC and its programs to the community.
- Responsible for long range and current year marketing planning, financial management, strategic planning and development for the agency.
- Serve as the representative of the Jewish Community Center and promote awareness of needs and issues in the local Jewish community.
- Develop appropriate community relationships to ensure the JCC can respond appropriately and effectively to relevant events and developments that impact the Jewish community.
- Provide leadership and strategic planning in marketing, public relations, and promotional activities within the JCC and the community.
- Oversee the creation and production of all printed and online communications as well as messaging and branding consistency throughout the agency.
- Collect and review data from media channels including the website, emails, and social media in order to continually refine communications strategy and support data driven decision making.
- Partner with the department leaders to develop and execute marketing strategies to engage the community, increase program attendance, inspire donors, and tell our JCC story.
- Partner with the Director of Development to design donor communications, solicitations, and engagement opportunities to promote fundraising revenue.
- Manage the marketing team including but not limited to a graphic designer, marketing coordinator, and social media specialist.
- Cultivate relationships with local media, serve as a liaison for all media outlets, and monitor media coverage including social media.
- Leads program evaluation, participant surveys, and improvement activities to ensure high quality programs and meet customer satisfaction and retention goals.
- Drive the strategic insights from a member and industry perspective through advanced analytics, customer and market research, and develop tools and reports enabling improved decision making across the agency.
- Establish and track budgets, analyze and summarize financial and statistical data; prepare and generate a variety of periodic and ad-hoc statistical and analytical reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, journalism, communications, or marketing preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years related professional experience in marketing and/or communications
- Exceptional written, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environement under deadline pressure and to handle several projects simultaneously
- Able to problem solve, prioritize tasks, multitask, and manage time effectively.
- A fine-tuned attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in the community
- Ideally, knowledge of and experience working in the Jewish community.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to exert moderate physical efforts which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weights (up to 50lbs), bending, stooping, stretching, squatting and sitting;
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Noise level can be quiet to moderate.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. JCC employees can use the on-site fitness facilities and take part in all of the programs available. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, and healthcare plans underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
COMMITTMENT TO INCLUSION
Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.