Middle School Director
Mission and Vision:
The mission of Hershorin Schiff Community Day School is to impact the world by creating a community where children of all faiths demonstrate integrity (tzedek), academic excellence (limud), and a desire to improve the world (tikkun olam). Our vision is to impact the world through academic excellence, global citizenship, and compassionate action.Hershorin Schiff Community Day School community members strive to demonstrate our service philosophy of impacting the world through academic excellence, global citizenship, and compassionate action. We do this by providing a safe, small, child-focused environment. Our high standards for academics and behavior create a courteous and respectful learning environment that values the beliefs and rights of every member of our community.
About the Middle School:
Community Day School's safe, small middle school provides students a unique and engaging inquiry-based learning experience. Through service projects, Learning Expeditions across the country, internships and a personalized, accelerated curriculum, Community Day School graduates excel locally and nationally in the most prestigious and competitive high school programs. Our Middle School experience offers a comfortable, flexible, developmentally appropriate learning environment designed for age-appropriate innovation and collaboration. Hallmarks of the Middle School program include:
- 1:1 Google Chromebook Program
- Unique STEAM curriculum (Science,Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) includes programming, graphic design, fabrication and robotics, as well as the region's only middle school drone program
- Daily visual, performing arts and leadership electives
- Competitive interscholastic athletics
- Small academic classes with advanced, individualized instruction
- Leadership and Service Learning opportunities throughout Florida
- Personalized High School Placement Guidance and Support
The Middle School Director promotes and maintains the vision and mission of Community Day School and champions an educational environment in which students, faculty and program processes thrive. The Director oversees the daily operations and management of the school and is responsible for developing and maintaining an academically rigorous, skills-focused, and compelling school experience for students with specific learning differences.
- Instructional Leader: An individual eager to promote the overall mission, goals, and philosophy of Community Day School and oversee a Middle School program that attracts and excites faculty, parents, and students. Eager to lead by example teaching a minimum of two middle school sections.
- Embraces Judaism in a pluralistic enviroment: Comfort level translating Jewish values and traditions to students and families of all faiths to create a diverse, equitable, welcoming, inclusive environment for students, staff and families of all backgrounds.
- Entrepreneurial: A track record of exemplary stakeholder relationship building among children, parents and community members. Comfortable growing our middle school in size and scope.
- “CEO” = Chief Enrollment Officer: A leader who is proactive, building relationships with new families and maintaining high enrollment to make sure the children in our community have access to the best curriculum available.
- Brand Ambassador: A leader who is proud of our excellent reputation and carries that excellence into the community (local schools, families, and other networks) by promoting and marketing the Community Day Middle School program in the wider Sarasota/Manatee region. Takes a proactive role in the interviewing and selection of potential students
- Great Communicator: A leader who cultivates relationships with teachers and families to create a positive team spirit throughout the school. Responsive in creating positive partnerships with families by serving as a resource and responding to questions and concerns. Respects the dignity of every child and advocates for their educational needs.
- Smiling and Adaptable: A leader who engages with students and faculty in a warm, energetic and welcoming manner. The Director should be organized, efficient, and able to multitask while strategically resolving challenges.
- Conscientious of Learning Environments: A leader who oversees the maintenance of our beautiful new campus and safe, joyful, stimulating learning environments.
- An appreciation for diversity and the teaching of universal values to students of all faiths through Jewish values, traditions, and practices.
- Able to manage the vision and purpose of Project Based Learning philosophy, while enhancing the diversity and inclusion of thought, experience, and cultures within an educational setting.
- High sense of integrity with ability to maintain composure and relate well to individuals of all levels, experiences, and backgrounds. Able to manage conflict effectively, set priorities, and inform/communicate with proper constituents.
- Fosters a nurturing, inclusive, and engaging natural environment which reflects respect and compassion that is supportive of - and accessible to - children.
- Lifelong learner who consistently grows their own breadth of knowledge and skill sets while encouraging the same development for all Middle School faculty and staff.
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership highlighted by the ability to problem solve, have fun, build consensus, and work in collaborative partnerships across all constituent groups.
- Preferred candidates will have at least three years of strong leadership experience at the Director level.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
- Experience as a mentor/coach to a team.
- Must pass all background checks and meet all state requirements.
- Required experience as a middle school teacher.
- Experience using Google Docs and Drive and schoolwide information systems preferred
Reports to: Head of School
Supervises : Mentor, evaluate, and directly supervise Middle School faculty.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply to be the next principal of the middle school, please send your resume and a cover letter to our search consultant from Prizmah: Center for Jewish Day Schools-
Traci Reisberg, [email protected]. All inquiries will be kept confidential.