Signing Bonus: Qualified candidates who are hired by the Bender ECC will receive a $1000 signing and retention bonus based on reaching specific milestones.
About the Bender JCC:
The Bender Jewish Community Center in Rockville, Maryland is a premier community center at the heart of Jewish life in Montgomery County, operating a full-scale health and fitness center, pre-school, day camp and variety of education and arts programs.
We create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
The Bender JCC embraces and welcomes the diversity of our community and encourages everyone to seek meaning and fulfillment by participating in our rich programming inspired by our Jewish heritage. We open our doors to everyone, including people of all backgrounds, religions, abilities and sexual orientations, and interfaith couples and families.
Our core values are
- Welcoming and inclusive (Hachnassat Orchim) – We open our doors to everyone and strive to create an inclusive and accommodating environment for people of different backgrounds, abilities and means.
- Respect (Kavod) – We seek to create a town square where our community can be exposed to diverse viewpoints and grapple with difficult issues in a respectful and civil manner.
- Jewish Peoplehood (Klal Yisrael) – We create connections to the people, history, culture, and land of Israel and with the Jewish people as a whole, welcoming all Jewish traditions and backgrounds.
- Community (Kehilla) – We facilitate relationship building and a sense of belonging to create communities across all stages of life.
- Working together (B’yachad) – We partner and collaborate with Jewish and secular organizations to build a stronger community.
- Wellness (Shmirat HaNefesh v’HaGuf) – We promote the well-being and fitness of every person.
- Spirit (Ruach) – We infuse spirit and fun into our activities and programs.
Why this role matters:
Our preschool teachers are essential to the Bender JCC, creating a warm, engaging, and safe environment and community for our students. The Bender Early Childhood Center is one of our core programs, and our lead teachers are central to the functioning of the school. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with our community and have a significant impact on the experience of our preschool families.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure a high quality experience for our students and families, consistent with our values and licensing requirements.
- Be a life-long learner, open to feedback and seeking professional growth opportunities.
- Supervise and mentor your teaching teammates.
- Develop and convey a familiarity with Jewish rituals and customs, while creating a warm and welcoming community for or diverse student body
- Provide excellent communication to ECC families.
- Participate in the life of the school and JCC beyond the classroom, creating a sense of community and camaraderie throughout the program.
- Stay up-to-date on licensing requirements, including annual continuing education hours