United Jewish Federation of Tidewater-Program Department Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Status: Full Time, Exempt (40 hours per week)
The United Jewish Federation of Tidewater a local non-profit agency located in Virginia Beach seeks a qualified Administrative Associate to support our extremely busy events-driven Programs Department. Under the direction of the Chief Program Officer, this position has an essential role in the department’s functioning as it supports the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC), Arts + Ideas, Leon Family Art Gallery, Seniors Programs, Jewish Innovation, and BeAR programs. This critical position requires an individual with solid communication skills, accustom to a fast-paced work environment, a problem-solver, and who likes to work as part of a team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Database maintenance of program information, and mass phone, mailing, and emailing functions
- Book, Oversee, and/or prepare room set-ups for all meetings; including (catering, as required), all meeting items/packets and publications for distribution at meetings
- Assist Directors in event management for events, activities, and programs, coordinating volunteers, speaker visit logistics including making travel arrangements, and attendees
- Collaborate with other staff members and community partners on related projects
- Work with Marketing on social media outreach to the community
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative experience, civic and community engagement, non-profit, public affairs, or related fields
- Proven proficiency in using MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Excellent interpersonal, research, written, verbal communication, and proofreading skills
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with diverse volunteers and colleagues
- Familiarity with social media platforms in order to use these tools to disseminate information and messaging
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize; take initiative; must be detail-oriented
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, or other related and appropriate field, preferred.
- General research skills including print and internet-based.
Qualified candidates may inquire and apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Compensation based on experience
Review of applications and resumes will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.