United Hatzalah is the largest independent, non-profit, fully-volunteer emergency medical services organization that provides first response care in Israel within minutes of the initial call of distress. As part of Friends of United Hatzalah’s dynamic 2023 expansion, we are seeking entrepreneurial, spirited, proactive, motivated professionals with a passion for Israel and lifesaving to join our US-based team in newly created roles in various locations across the US.
We are currently seeking an Accounting Associate, reporting to the Accounting Manager. This full-time position based in our NYC headquarters (hybrid work schedule) will support the organization’s finance and accounting functions, including accounts payable, payroll, banking, and donation operations and ensuring that these are maintained in an effective, accurate and timely manner.
The Accounting Associate will exercise a high level of accountability and attention to detail and will demonstrate an ability to work both independently and within a team environment, ensuring compliance with GAAP, internal policies and procedures, and industry-specific rules and regulations.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain general ledger, including detailed data entry to accurately record daily transactions
- Maintain day-to-day banking operations and support accurate revenue tracking
- Manage the corporate credit card program and employee expense reimbursements
- Coordinate Accounts Payable activities, including review of invoices and expense reports
- Administer of purchase orders and other procurement processes
- Assist with payroll and payroll-related activities
- Support monthly and annual close processes
- Conduct financial reporting/analysis, including tracking of budget vs actual across various departments
- Provide support for annual organizational audit
- Other finance/accounting duties as required
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or comparable, with 3-5 years’ related experience
- Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting, including U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications, with advanced Excel skills; working knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Highly organized and detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Independent thinker and problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience within a non-profit environment strongly preferred
Salary range: $65,000 - $75,000 annual salary, with comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, retirement plan with employer match, and paid holidays/time off.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter via email to [email protected]. The subject line of the email should include the words “Accounting Associate.”