Opportunity to work directly with one of America’s top experts on U.S. Middle East policy and write, edit, and compile content for the Jewish Virtual Library, one the largest and most respected online collections of information on Jewish history, politics, and culture, as well as Myths and Facts, the “bible” for pro-Israel activists.
The Deputy Director will assist the Executive Director in all aspects of the organization and have the opportunity to educate the next generation and contribute to the fight against anti-Semitism and the demonization of Israel.
The office is in Maryland. You can work remotely but prefer candidates in the DC area who can come to the office as needed.
- Extensive knowledge of Jewish and Israeli history with an M.A. or Ph.D. in a related field and/or at least five years of work experience for an organization(s) involved in Jewish education or promoting greater understanding of Israel.
- Excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills.
- Enthusiasm and motivation for the cause of educating the public about Jewish history.
- The capability to produce material quickly and accurately.
- The ability to create videos.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with social media platforms.
- Fluency in Hebrew is an advantage.
- Proven publication record is an advantage.
- Fundraising and grant writing experience is an advantage.
Commensurate with experience. Benefits include family health insurance through Kaiser Permanente.
Send a resume or CV, two letters of recommendation, and a published work sample.
AICE was established in 1994 to strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship by emphasizing the values our nations share. AICE provides a vehicle for the research, study, discussion, and exchange of views between the peoples and governments of the U.S. and Israel; develops and disseminates materials to train Israel advocates; monitors BDS activities and combats the delegitimization of Israel; and educates the world about Jewish history, politics, and culture through the Jewish Virtual Library.