The Director, Missions is responsible for planning and implementing of missions to Israel and other destinations worldwide. The Director, Missions oversees logistics and works in conjunction with lead and senior professionals, lay leadership, as well as professionals from Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA), air agents, and tour companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates unique overseas mission itineraries to Israel, and around the world to Jewish sites of significance, importance, and interest, each tailored with the group in mind: VIPs, major donors, leadership groups, young adults, etc.
- Provides superior customer service to participants; provides concierge overseas travel services to major donors and VIPs. When necessary, acts as the liaison between the participant and the service provider.
- Develops and manages mission budgets; accountable for adherence to the approved budget.
- Manages calls from potential participants, answering general and specific informational questions regarding missions.
- Reviews applications and monitors special requests. Works in consultation with mission lead staff, lay leadership, and tour operators, ensures itinerary and participant experience for each mission is consistent with goals and objectives.
- Creates, implements, and monitors a follow-up plan with mission participants upon return from a mission, in coordination with Campaign, Leadership Development, and other Federation departments.
- With mission lead staff and overseas land agent, reviews and maintains the accuracy of all lists: participant, rooming, bus, land only, special requests, seating requests, dietary requests, celebrations, etc.
- Troubleshoots and oversees the general operation and flow of all missions.
- Develops strong working relationships with mission lead staff, from various Federation departments, and with varying mission-facilitation/implementation experience.
- Travels with delegations to provide on-site logistical support as necessary and appropriate.
- This position requires scheduling flexibility, with occasional evening and weekend responsibilities as well as consideration of time differences for overseas calls.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, preference for Bachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience as a Mission Director or related field like a travel agent or equivalent combination of relevant education, experience and skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- High level of confidentiality and professional integrity.
- Strong knowledge of basic office computing, including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Zoom and basic database skills required.
- Strong experience and ability working with CRM databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in developing and managing large budgets.
- Experience with foreign travel, including study abroad and independent or group travel in or outside of Israel.
- Experience with Jewish organizations/institutions, either as an employee, volunteer, or participant.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize workflow processes including managing multiple tasks, setting schedules, meeting deadlines, organizing and planning.
- Ability to build trusted relationships; work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively with lay leadership and colleagues across departments and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task. Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment and adapting to rapidly changing priorities and needs.
- Must be able to pass a Level 1 background check.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County currently offers the following benefits:
- A comprehensive benefits package including 15-25% of employee-only premiums paid for medical and dental and 100% of premiums paid for vision insurance.
- Federation contributions toward HSA accounts.
- Federation-paid Life/AD&D policy.
- Federation-paid long-term disability (LTD) insurance.
- Medical and dependent-care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Hybrid work schedule.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Generous paid holiday schedule.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Federation strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied identities and backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer, all individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, financial status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Federation is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Mary Kay McGann at [email protected] for assistance.
To apply online, please visit our career’s page. Or email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
NO CALLS, PLEASE.