Marketing & Communications Associate
Full Time, On-site
Heschel is a dynamic transitional kindergarten through eighth grade educational community grounded in the Jewish values of community, citizenship, and service. Since its founding in 1972, the leadership, administration, and community at Heschel have established and continued the foundations of a culture of philanthropy that helps us continue to be dynamic school: a place of academic strength, Jewish values, warmth, and wonder.
Abraham Joshua Heschel Day School, a community Jewish day school, provides a rich dual-curricular education that encourages independent and critical thinking, lifelong learning, self-awareness, and compassion. In partnership with our families, we inspire our students to become active, dedicated, ethical, and informed citizens and leaders who are committed to Israel and the vitality of the Jewish people.
The Marketing and Communications Associate role reports to the Chief Financial Officer and the Director of Advancement and is part of Heschel’s Marketing and Communications Team. The team’s job is to implement Heschel’s strategic media, communications, and marketing initiatives that foster the school’s vision and mission.
The Marketing & Communications Associate implements the Heschel brand through exceptional marketing strategy and execution, with a special focus on online/digital communications, including social media and content marketing. As a writer and editor, they help evolve our brand voice to embody approachability, empathy, helpfulness and fun.
The Marketing & Communications Associate assists in building our content through photography and videography, helps create targeted and relevant content in various formats (written, video, stories, etc.) and distributes marketing communications to our internal and external audiences. They will help with handling Heschel’s presence on social media, planning, creating, and publishing content that’s true to our brand identity and aligned with organizational goals. They’ll also analyze and report on analytics and performance and keep up with our community through comments and DMs. This role has a special focus on photoshop, video editing, and graphic design, along with creating digital forms through Blackbaud and JotForm. This role will collaborate with the Director of Admission, Director of Advancement and the Events and Marketing Manager.
This role requires you to be a creative writer, very detail oriented, and flexible. This position is not remote and requires five days a week on campus.
What you bring:
To the Role
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience, ideally working in a school, in social media, digital marketing and/or communications from planning to execution to reporting.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, creative writing, or a related field; OR equivalent combination of education and experience (2+ years of experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree)
- Experienced digital storyteller, able to generate innovative ideas and deliver experiences across channels to connect with stakeholders to drive engagement.
- Ensure materials embody a brand and are free of style, grammar, and spelling errors.
- Ability to balance multiple high-pressure time-sensitive projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Deep understanding of how to use various marketing tools—such as organic and paid social media, email marketing, SEO, media, inbound marketing, partnership marketing, etc.—to move customers from awareness to conversion.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace for Education, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, a working knowledge of image and file formats, CRMs commonly used by not-for-profit organizations (Blackbaud); and a working knowledge of CSM web tools, student information systems, browsers, and other emerging web technologies.
To the Team/School
- A proactive collaborator with the ability to take the lead on projects, accountable to self and others, organized, poised, discreet, resourceful, and trustworthy.
- A lifelong learner who is eager to build upon their skillset and evolve to stay on top of the latest marketing and workforce development trends.
- Ability to interface with parents, businesses, other departments, leadership team, board members and partners with a high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and build relationships between members of the organization.
- A team player and assisting with front office duties at busier times.
In partnership with the Event & Marketing Manager, this role will regularly interact with faculty/staff, parents, and the greater community, through the following day to day duties:
- Create content for Heschel’s social media channels (Facebook and Instagram), and communications for monthly newsletters, recruitment cycles, current events/holidays/celebrations, and acknowledgements.
- Has a pulse on the school schedule and visits classrooms and attends events regularly to capture photos and videos for both our marketing materials and general communication.
- Required skills include video editing and graphic design for annual reports, strategic plans, and constituency-based newsletters.
- Demonstrates value of marketing efforts by tracking and reporting on meaningful metrics/analytics that inform decisions and improve efficiency to team and internal stakeholders.
- Ensures Heschel’s style and brand guidelines are followed, internally and externally, and coach others to do the same.
- Defines standard operating procedures and creates guides that enable best practices.
- Helps to carry out the set-up, scheduling, and delivery of school wide and admin communications through Campaign Monitor.
- Create and manage school forms through Blackbaud and JotForm to collect information and event RSVPs and reporting on results.
- Assist in creating and implementing a comprehensive marketing plan, including goals and objectives, strategies, programs, and activities.
- Create, manage, and/or edit assets for digital and print needs.
- Collaborate on the preparations of special community events materials, including but not limited to: Advancement events, Parent Organization events, and Admission events.
- When appropriate, work closely and effectively with the Head of School, administrative staff, faculty, Board, and Parent Organization within the full range of activities.
- Medical Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Time, Paid Vacation, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Account
- Access to Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability.
- Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000 Annually.
Please send resumes and cover letters directly to [email protected].