Temple Israel of Manchester, NH is looking for religious school teachers for grades K through 7 in our Sunday morning Hebrew school.
We are also interested in hearing from you if you have an interest in leading pre-K or teen activities, tutoring via Zoom only, or being a substitute.
You should teach at Temple Israel if you:
- Enjoy and have experience working with children in a synagogue setting.
- Are passionate and knowledgeable about Judaism and Israel
- Have knowledge of Jewish rituals, traditions, and culture.
- Have enough Hebrew knowledge to participate in services.
- Want to create fun, educational, activities for children with a mix of needs and abilities, both in your regular class with students of different ages.
- Are flexible, have a positive attitude, and can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Can use Google Docs/Sheets, Zoom, and similar tools.
- 9:30-12 on most Sundays during the school year
- plus two Saturdays (for an all-ages Shabbat celebration instead of Sunday school).
- Some teachers give individual or small group lessons via Zoom during the week (ideally these are teachers who are also present on Sundays, but we’ll consider Zoom-only tutors).
Teachers are encouraged to participate in other activities of the congregation, including free Shabbat dinners approximately once a month and holiday celebrations.
If you are not sure if you possess all the needed experience and want to learn, we want to hear from you - please apply!
Pay begins at $35/hour for regular teachers and $26/hour for substitutes. Full complementary synagogue membership is given to regular teachers and we have funds to support the professional development of our teachers.
Visit www.templeisraelmht.org for more information about our congregation.